Margherita Chicken Lasagna Rolls are a fun twist on classic Italian food! These lasagna rolls have everything you find in traditional lasagna- noodles, cheese, marinara and chicken. They are really delicious!
The holidays are here and I could not be more excited! The family get-togethers and parties are always so fun, especially when food is involved. I don’t know a better way to party than with really great food!
My family loves Italian food. We heart it big time, so when I was challenged by Ragù® to take two of their classic recipes and turn them into a #NewTraDish I was more than ready to accept the challenge! 🙂
I chose to combine Margherita Chicken and Lasagna ideas and turn them into these Margherita Chicken Lasagna Rolls! A fun twist on classic Italian food, these lasagna rolls have everything you find in traditional lasagna but super simplified in preparation.
I love the fresh flavors of this entree and all that heavenly cheese of course, but the Ragù® Old World Style Sauce was the star of the show. Ragù® sauces have a delicious taste everyone loves!
How to Make Margherita Chicken Lasagna Rolls
Start by mixing up some cooked shredded chicken, gooey ricotta and mozzarella cheese and a little garlic powder for flavor.
Spread that divine chicken mixture down the center of each cooked lasagna noodle, then roll em’ up tight!
Snuggle those babies in some Ragù® Old World Style Sauce, and pour a little extra over the tops. Add more cheese and then take them straight over to the oven!
The end result will be cheesy, yummy lasagna rolls in perfect form ♥ Dig in!
MORE LASAGNA RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Margherita Chicken Lasagna Rolls
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 15 oz. container Ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese divided use
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 26 oz. jar Ragù® Old World Style Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Cook lasagna noodles in a large pot of water until al dente, according to package directions. Drain water. Lay lasagna noodles out flat onto parchment or wax paper to prevent sticking.
- In a medium bowl, combine shredded chicken, ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese and garlic powder. Stir to combine.
- Spread 1/2 cup chicken mixture down the center of each lasagna noodle. Roll up.
- Spread 1 cup Ragù® Old World Style Sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan. Place lasagna rolls seam-side down into the pan. Pour the remaining sauce evenly over all the noodles. Top evenly with 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake rolls uncovered, for 25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve each roll with a teaspoon of chopped fresh basil. Enjoy!
5 thoughts on “Margherita Chicken Lasagna Rolls”
These look SO good! Just working on my menu plan for next week & I’m thinking of making these. My 3 yr old is huge on texture & so picky so I was wondering…. the ricotta cheese, can you feel the texture much after it’s baked? Thx in advance for the reply!
Amy, the texture is noticeable. My kids are picky too, and they loved these, so maybe give it a try? 🙂 Let me know if you do!
Okay. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that he gobbles them down 🙂 I’ll let you know. I always love when you mention in your recipes that you’re kids enjoyed it cause you’ve said how picky they are. It helps!