Meatloaf Cups are delicious bite size versions of that classic Sunday meal. These little cups are packed with flavor and protein.
Meatloaf. That word alone conjures up fun memories for me. Whether it’s making this classic dinner on the weekend, or Randy’s classic line from A Christmas Story, “Meatloaf. Smeatloaf, double-beatloaf. I hate meatloaf.” 😀
I truly love meatloaf. It’s always been a favorite of mine.
This recipe is incredibly easy to prepare. After you mix everything up in a large bowl all you need to do is scoop it into a muffin tin.
My kids love these! They think they’re super cute, hysterical, and delicious. There is just a certain kind of magic about food when you make tiny versions of the original.
I love to use this recipe when I am meal prepping. Each meatloaf cup packs 10 grams of protein and is only 100 calories! They’re perfect to pack with a side of steamed veggies for sustained energy throughout the day.
I’ll make an extra batch for me and Kale to have for lunches throughout the week and we devour them. This fun spin on an all-time classic is perfect for the whole family.
CAN I USE ANOTHER TYPE OF MEAT?
If you want an even leaner meatloaf cup, try substituting lean ground turkey or chicken.
HOW LONG DO THE MEATLOAF CUPS KEEP?
These stay well covered and refrigerated for up to 5 days.
WHAT SAUCE DO YOU SERVE WITH THEM?
I top my meatloaf cups with ketchup. You can also use barbecue sauce or hot sauce.
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE A FEW MORE THAT ARE PACKED WITH PROTEIN!
Chicken Taco Bites – Bite sized pieces that are covered in a zesty taco seasoning.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Lettuce Wraps – Juicy chicken, and crispy bacon wrapped in romaine lettuce with a ranch dressing topping.
Scrambled Egg Breakfast Muffins – Personal sized egg muffins that are perfect for a quick breakfast.
Cake Pop Protein Bites – Sweet protein snacks that are perfect for a midday treat.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (I use 7% fat)
- 1/3 cup low fat cottage cheese (I use 2%)
- 1/2 cup plain, dried bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 3 Tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 Tablespoon mustard (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 12-count muffin tin with non-stick spray.In a large mixing bowl (using clean hands or a large spoon), add ground beef, cottage cheese, bread crumbs, onion, ketchup, mustard, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, pepper and egg. Mix well until it's all combined.
- Scoop a 1/4 cup of meat mixture into each muffin cup, pressing down to fill the cup.Bake for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a small bowl, stir together the topping; ketchup and brown sugar.Carefully, remove the meatloaf cups from the oven. Spoon a couple teaspoons of topping over each meatloaf cup.Return to the oven for an additional 10 minutes or until the meat is cooked through. Serve warm with any extra topping sauce. Enjoy!