I’m sharing my spring brunch Monte Cristo Waffle Sandwiches as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. #TargetCrowd I was more than ready for Spring to arrive and now it’s finally here! I love this time of year and being outside with my family. We had our first barbecue the other evening and enjoyed the beautiful weather! The next morning we had the perfect Spring brunch with these amazing Monte Cristo Sandwiches.
I first ran to Target to grab some goodies to make the perfect Spring brunch. I know shopping at Target Grocery will give me great value in all of my purchases. They always make it easy to get everything I need all in one place!
I decided to surprise my husband with his favorite Monte Cristo Sandwiches, but with a small twist! I saw some Eggo Homestyle Waffles and instantly thought waffle sandwiches knowing they would be perfect with the Monte Cristo fillings.
Target Grocery has all the essentials needed for these yummy sandwiches. Market Pantry Honey Ham, Oven-Roasted Turkey and Monterey Jack cheese. Mmmm. I also grabbed a bottle of Market Pantry Orange Juice to go with our brunch.
These delicious Monte Cristos come together in hardly any time. Serve them at your next brunch and I promise you, everyone will love them!
- 9 freezer Eggo Homestyle Waffles
- 1 cup seedless Raspberry Jam
- 1 (8 oz.) container Market Pantry Honey Ham
- 1 (8 oz.) container Market Pantry Oven-Roasted Turkey
- 1 (8 oz.) block Market Pantry Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- Toast the waffles in a toaster, according to package directions. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a large griddle or non-stick skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray.
- In a small shallow bowl, whisk together eggs and milk.
- Make sandwiches by topping one waffle with 1 Tablespoon of Raspberry Jam, 1/3 cup cheese and 2 slices Honey Ham. Top Ham with another waffle. Top that waffle with another Tablespoon of Jam and 2 slices Oven-Roasted Turkey. Place another waffle over turkey to make one sandwich.
- Carefully dip sandwich in the egg batter, using both hands to keep sandwich together. Place on warmed skillet and cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until slightly browned. Flip onto other side and cook until cheese is melted. Repeat with all the remaining waffles and ingredients. Serve warm and enjoy!
- Yields: 3 sandwiches
- Serves: 6 (one half sandwich per serving)