Oatmeal Cream Pies are two cinnamon oatmeal cookies with a lovely cream cheese filling. They are soft, full of flavor, and so delicious!
Growing up I loved eating desserts like the Little Debbie Cream Pies or a yummy Whoopie Pie. Indulging in not only one cookie, but two with a creamy and flavorful filling was awesome. Two is always better than one, especially when it comes to sweet treats. My Oatmeal Cream Pies are all that and more. These soft cinnamon oatmeal cookies with a cream cheese filling in between are sensational.
We all can admit that when there is a fresh batch of warm cookies sitting on the counter, it’s hard to just eat one. I will fully admit I eat at least two. Sometimes three if they’re extra delicious. The best part of this recipe is that you’re meant to have two! Take one oatmeal cookie and spread a healthy layer of cream cheese filling over the bottom. Sandwich another oatmeal cookie on top and suddenly your cookies have become a cream pie. This recipe couldn’t get any easier.
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
All you need to whip together this airy and decedent filling is cream cheese, heavy cream or milk, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Be sure to let your cream cheese sit on the counter to come to room temperature before mixing. This will save you a lot of strain and everything will come together much smoother.
This cream pie recipe yields 16 cream pies. It is very simple to double up the batch to make an extra sixteen if need be. These personal desserts are so popular to serve at parties that I usually double the recipe! If your family and guests aren’t able to finish them all in one day, then keep them stored and refrigerated for up to 5 days. We will pop them in the microwave for just a few seconds and eat them a little warm. It’s so good!
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE A FEW MORE DELICIOUS DESSERTS!
Oreo Truffles – An elegant bite sized dessert inspired and infused with America’s favorite cookie.
Oatmeal Carmelitas – Layered cookies with a creamy caramel center and an oatmeal brown sugar crust.
Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars – Creamy and soft cheesecake bars filled with chocolate chips.
Twix Cookies – Shortbread thumb cookies with caramel dollops and a chocolate drizzle.
Oatmeal Cream Pies
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
Cream Cheese Filling:
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream or whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- For Cookies: Preheat oven to 350° F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Beat together butter and both sugars until creamy. Add in eggs and vanilla. Beat until just combined. Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix until just combined. Stir in the oats.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheets. Make sure to space apart at least 2 inches. (You will have 32 cookies total to create 16 cream pies.)Bake for 10 to 12 minutes only. Don't over bake! Cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet, then transfer to a wire rack.
- For Cream Cheese Filling: Beat cream cheese with an electric hand-mixer until creamy. Add the heavy cream and vanilla. Slowly add the powdered sugar, one cup at a time, until frosting is creamy and lump-free.
- To Assemble Pies: Place filling in a large zip-lock bag, and snip one corner off. Pipe a circle of 2 Tablespoons of filling onto the bottom of one cookie. Top with another cookie. Gently squeeze to allow filling to come to the edges. Repeat with remaining cookies and frosting. Serve and enjoy!