I remember the first time I had an Oreo Truffle was at my little sister’s baby shower, 8 years ago. I took one bite, fell in-love, and immediately went to hunt down the hostess of the shower to get the recipe!
These Oreo Truffles have a soft center that’s full of Oreo chocolate goodness, then coated in a hard chocolate. They are totally divine. I couldn’t believe they were only 3 ingredients and super simple to make. All you need is Oreo cookies, cream cheese and dipping chocolate and you’ll have wonderful candies that are perfect for parties and holidays!
Let me warn you quickly, before you whip these up. They are highly addictive so beware 😉
- 1 (15.25 oz.) package OREO cookies
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 oz.) package Baker's semi-sweet chocolate (not chocolate chips)
- 1 (8 oz.) package Baker's white chocolate (not chocolate chips)
- Place OREO cookies in a food processor. Pulse until cookies become fine crumbs. (If you don't have a food processor place cookies in a large zip-lock bag, seal shut and pound with a rolling pin)
- Remove ¼ cup of the cookie crumbs and set aside.
- Place all the remaining cookie crumbs in a large bowl. Add the cream cheese and stir with a spatula until combined and smooth.
- Roll mixture into 30 one-inch balls. Place balls on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and set in fridge to chill for one hour.
- Heat both of the Baker's chocolate in the microwave, according to package directions. Dip 15 chilled OREO balls into the melted semi-sweet baking chocolate and 15 balls into the white baking chocolate. Let excess drip off.
- Place dipped balls onto another parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle tops with the reserved cookie crumbs.
- Let chocolate truffles set completely before serving.
- Store leftover truffles in the refrigerator.