Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes and Ham Alfredo is the dinner your family won’t soon forget! The delicious potatoes and savory ham are creamy, satisfying and packed with flavor.
The other day I just couldn’t think of what to make my family for dinner. You know those days when the usual things just don’t sound good at all? That was my rut that day. I started looking around my pantry and fridge and that’s when the lightbulb went off! Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes and Ham Alfredo is a great meal when you’re in need of an easy, make-ahead dinner for your family.
The best part about this easy meal is that the slow cooker does all the cooking for you. No extra steps with this one. Score! Each component of the meal cooked with the other adds layers of flavor to the dish. I felt like I was taking a little bit of a gamble with this the first time I made it for us, but let me tell you that it was a hit!
I wasn’t sure how the kids would react, but I am pleased to say they were asking for a second helping! The rich and creamy flavor of Alfredo sauce that covers the succulent ham and tender potatoes is irresistible. My mouth is watering just writing about this. Maybe I’ll head back to the kitchen and see if I have everything to make this again tonight!
CAN THIS DISH BE MADE VEGETARIAN?
Totally! Substitute the ham for broccoli florets or other vegetables like zucchini, squash, and mushrooms.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR EVERYTHING TO COOK THROUGH?
Set your crock pot on low for 6 hours for a perfectly cooked meal. This can also be cooked on high heat for 3 hours or until potatoes are tender.
WHAT KIND OF POTATOES SHOULD I USE?
I recommend using red potatoes, but try also using russet or golden potatoes.
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE A FEW MORE CROCK POT/ SLOW COOKER FAVORITES!
Beef Stew – A hearty beef stew with potatoes and carrots slow cooked to perfection.
Creamy Ranch Chicken – Savory chicken slow cooked with vegetables and ranch seasoning.
Chicken Nacho Dip – A cheesy chicken nacho dip that is to die for!
Bacon Cheeseburger Soup – A deconstructed cheeseburger served right from you crock pot.
Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes and Ham Alfredo
- 2 pounds red medium-size red potatoes, cut into quarters (about 6 cups)
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cups cooked, cubed ham (1/2 inch pieces)
- 1 Tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- freshly chopped parsley, if desired
- Spray the insert of a large slow cooker with cooking spray. Layer half each of the potatoes, bell pepper and ham. Sprinkle with half of the onion.
- In a medium bowl, mix Alfredo sauce, milk and pepper; spoon half of the Alfredo mixture on top. Layer with the remaining potatoes, ham, bell pepper and onion, sprinkling evenly. Pour the remaining sauce mixture on top. (Do Not Stir).Cover with lid and cook on low heat for 6 to 7 hours. This can also be cooked on high heat for 3 to 4 hours, or until potatoes are tender.
- About 5 minutes before serving, stir mixture gently. Then sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and replace lid until cheese has melted. Top each serving warm with fresh parsley, if desired. Enjoy!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!