September is here and I could not be happier! Fall is quickly approaching so that means soup and stew season is almost here. Yippee! I’m not sad at all to say goodbye to the crazy heat. Summer was fun but I’m ready for the holidays. 🙂
I can’t think of anything better than eating a warm bowl of stew on a chilly day. Too bad we’re still soaring in the high 90’s here, but before we know it the weather will be cooling down and we’ll be enjoying this amazing stew again. It’s the perfect Sunday meal to make for your loved ones. I’ve been making this for years and love to serve it with our favorite rolls. It is beyond delicious!
- 2 (1 oz) packages dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 pounds lean beef stew meat (cut up into bite sized pieces)
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 to 3 cups baby carrots
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 2 (10 oz.) cans cream of celery soup
- 1 cup ketchup
- In a large plastic bag, combine the dry onion soup mix and paprika. Add in meat and shake the bag to coat meat with the seasonings. (You may have to do that step in two batches, for all the meat to fit) Once meat is coated, spread out evenly into a greased 7 quart crock pot.
- Top meat evenly with diced potatoes, carrots and onion.
- Mix the cream of celery soup and ketchup in a small bowl. Pour mixture over the meat and vegetables.
- Cover crock pot with lid. Cook on low heat for 8 hours or until meat is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Stir to combine everything then serve.