Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies has tender, flavor-packed chicken, potatoes and asparagus all cooked together on one pan. It is so delicious and healthy!
Cheers to the New Year, my friends! I love a fresh start and I love this recipe I am sharing today- ONE PAN HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN & VEGGIES! This is my new favorite dinner at the moment. Seriously, it is amazing. There are a few reasons why we adore this meal. A) the entire meal is cooked in one pan (hallelujah 😉 ) B) it’s healthy AND delicious C) the prep is about 10 minutes and the whole thing is ready in around 35 minutes. Yes!
I am trying to cook healthier these days. My diet went down the drain in mid November, so I’m ready to eat healthy and fresh again. I am back on a mission to not only lose the weight but to feel better as well. Feeling better/healthier is the main goal. When we eat crap food we feel like crap. When we eat good food we feel good.
This recipe is just that and then some. Honey garlic chicken is so loaded with flavor and the potatoes and asparagus complete this one pan meal so well. This Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies recipe is one of those meals I know I’ll be making time and time again.
If you’re not an asparagus fan then you can definitely use broccoli, green beans or whatever your favorite veggie is! The flavorful honey garlic sauce just makes this entire dish, so whatever you use I’m sure it will still taste really great! 🙂
MORE DELICIOUS ONE PAN MEALS:
One Pan Ranch Chicken & Veggies
One Pan Balsamic Chicken and Veggies
One Pan Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
HONEY GARLIC GLAZE
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon EACH salt and pepper
- 4 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bundle asparagus, rinsed and ends cut off
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a large baking sheet with non-stick spray. Or can cover pan with foil (for easy clean-up) then spray foil with non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the glaze ingredients. Set aside.
- Lay chicken breasts on one side of the pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay cubed potatoes in a single layer on the other side of pan. Drizzle potatoes with 1 Tablespoon olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Pour half of the glaze over the chicken breasts. Place pan in oven and bake for 25 minutes, uncovered.
- Carefully, remove pan from oven and push chicken to center of pan. Place asparagus on pan and pour remaining glaze all over the veggies and chicken.Place pan back in oven and broil 5 to 10 minutes, or until potatoes and veggies are tender and chicken is thoroughly cooked. (Watch closely so you don't burn it!) (Chicken is thoroughly cooked when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.) Top with fresh chopped parsley, if desired, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
15 thoughts on “One Pan Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies”
I LOVE one pan meals! They make life so much easier. Can’t wait to try this next week!
Sorry for the misspelled words. .I meant to say … has anyone tried this dish. .Can boneless chicken thighs be used….my guys prefer them over breast
I made this last night, and it was amazing! And a great hit with everyone. One thing I’d recommend is make more glaze! The children demanded more “gravy”, as it was so delicious. So next time I’ll make double! Actually I might double all ingredients.. everyone wanted seconds, but there weren’t any because we ate it all.
Tried this tonight – so delicious!! Will definitely be making this again!!
I made this for my family. I have never been good at cooking but this recipe was easy for me to follow.
It came out amazing and everyone loved it. Thank you so much for help. You’ve inspired me to try again 🙂
So glad I found this recipe! Made this tonight and my family loved it! Seriously…. the best chicken i’ve had in a long time. Definitely a favorite from now on! And…no dishes to clean up afterwards! Thank you!
I made this tonight and it was really great! Thanks so much for this recipe!
What kind of honey?
I made this recipe just now and it is AMAZING! It’s full of flavor and easy to make. I’ll be adding this to my routine meals. Thanks for sharing!
i have this recipe… on speed dial. I’m not new to the cooking game but i like good solid recipe. Too many disappointments online.
This was so simple i sent it to my nieces who have little children and jobs! It’s a week night wonder.
The secret is the oregano. it breaks all that sweet fluff of honey and brown sugar. Adds dimonsion and adultness.
Thank you life in the lofthouse.
This recipe was delicious!! Both of my boys (5 & 8 yr old) ate it all up!!! I doubled the glaze ingredients and used green beans instead of asparagus. We served this with rice and since we had doubled the recipe, we were able to drizzle some sauce on the rice as well 🙂 It was a little too sweet for my husband, but maybe some bread will help with this the next time I make it. This will go into rotation. 🙂 YUM!!!
I am so happy to hear that! I love that you swapped the asparagus for green beans. I need to try that! 🙂
I made this tonight. I used chicken thighs and carrots instead of asparagus. It was so delicious and so easy. My husband said he could have this anytime!
I made this tonight and it was amazing so simple to put together. My husband said I could serve it again anytime. I have tried so many of your recipes and so far all has been a big hit.. Thank you for always sharing.