You guys let me tell you all about this amazing SKINNY ORANGE CHICKEN. It is incredible and packed with flavor. You won’t even miss the breading on this one. The juicy chicken is coated in the most flavorful orange sauce. Gah! It’s so good. I’ve already made it twice (in one week) because we love it so much!
Chinese food is another weakness of mine. My Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken is a recipe I make often at our house, and we adore a Chinese restaurant here in town called Benja’s. They have the best food there! When I came across this Skinnier and Healthier version of Orange Chicken I put it on my must-make list and whipped it up the next day. 😀
The pictures may not do it justice. I took photos the first time I made it, and didn’t add the cornstarch. It was thick, but not as thick as I wanted it, so the second go around I added the cornstarch and it worked like a charm. The sauce coated the chicken so much better. We served ours over a little brown rice and chowed on down. This is definitely a recipe going on the monthly rotation!
Skinny Orange Chicken
- 3 - 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in 1-inch cubes
For the Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup sweet orange marmalade Smuckers
- ¼ cup Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce
- 3 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 Tablespoon cornstarch
- For the Sauce: In a medium sauce pan, add all sauce ingredients except cornstarch. Mix all together well with a whisk. Turn the heat to medium and bring mixture to a low boil. Turn the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes. Whisk in cornstarch and continue to simmer until thickened.
For the Chicken
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Add chicken to skillet; cook over medium-high heat until no longer pink in the center. About 12 minutes or so. Season with salt & pepper.
- Pour thickend orange sauce into the skillet with chicken. Stir to coat. Serve over rice and enjoy!