This Best Banana Bread recipe creates a moist, and cake-like bread that is filled with banana flavor. Serve it as a snack or cut yourself a slice for breakfast for the perfect way to start your morning!
I have to say, I truly believe that the best recipes are the classics. Sure, it’s fun to be creative and take a walk on the wild side with different ingredients, but it seems no matter how much we experiment, we always come back to the classics. This Best Banana Bread recipe is no exception!
This bread is simple, yet mouth-watering delicious. One of my favorite things about this particular recipe is that the banana flavor in this bread is perfect! It’s just enough that you definitely get that banana flavor, but not too much that it becomes overpowering. The texture is another thing that completely sold me on it, it almost melts in your mouth. No joke. 🙂
Whenever I make banana bread I like to separate the batter into individual mini loaf pans. That way I can give each of my kids their own little loaf or give them out as gifts to neighbors, friends, and family. (I also do that so I won’t be tempted to eat it all myself, ha!)
If you prefer to use regular size loaf pans, you are totally fine to do so! Just know that it will take about twice as long to bake, so if you have that sort of patience (which I do not possess) go right on ahead!
If I had to say one thing that is a ‘must’ when you bake banana bread, it’s to use very ripe bananas. I’m talking to the point where the banana is completely dark brown and when you peel it, it basically falls apart. They give this bread that banana flavor that’s just to die for. You also HAVE to spread some butter over the top of your slices when you eat your wonderful creation. Well, you don’t have to, but I would definitely recommend!
No matter when (or how many slices) you choose to eat, you can be sure it’ll be love in every bite with this amazing recipe!
*Just a quick note on using buttermilk. I almost NEVER have it on hand. So when making this bread I always use the milk and vinegar trick. Just measure your milk out to just almost the one and a half cup it calls for, then add 2 teaspoons of distilled white vinegar to the milk. Let it stand for a few minutes until it slightly thickens and voila! You have homemade buttermilk.
MORE DELICIOUS BREAD RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
The Best Banana Bread
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs beaten
- 3/4 cup butter room temperature
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- 4 large ripened bananas, mashed
- 7 mini disposable loaf pans you can find these in most grocery stores, I bought mine at Wal-Mart OR you can use two ( 9x5x3 inch) loaf pans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place 7 mini loaf pans onto a large cookie sheet. Grease each of the loaf pans with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a seperate large bowl, add the beaten eggs, butter, buttermilk and mashed bananas. Mix together with an electric hand-mixer on low speed, just until combined. Or you can use a whisk and stir by hand until combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture into the wet mixture. Stir until just combined. Pour one cupfuls of batter evenly into each mini loaf pan. If there is any batter leftover divide it evenly among pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes. (If using regular-size loaf pans bake for 55 to 65 minutes.)
- Remove from oven and let cool before serving. Enjoy!