This incredible Thin Mint Chocolate Poke Cake is filled with chocolate pudding, crushed thin mint cookies and topped with a creamy peppermint whipped topping!
You guys.. this cake. It’s what my Thin Mint cookie dreams are made of and then some. A chocolate poke cake filled with chocolate pudding and crushed Thin Mint cookies. Wowza. It is really incredible and one you definitely have to try!
With Girl Scout cookie season here you have to make this cake as soon as you can. If you haven’t been able to purchase any GS cookies yet then you can always use the Keebler grasshopper cookies. They would work perfectly for this. Luckily for me, my friend’s cute daughter is a Girl Scout so I was able to order some boxes from her. (I won’t admit how many I did order. ha!)
This delicious devil is going in the books as one of the best cakes I’ve ever made- and devoured. I love that the whipped topping keeps it on the lighter side. It’s not rich at all. Well, in my opinion anyway. But you will have to see for yourself. Now go make this cake! 😉
Thin Mint Chocolate Poke Cake
- 1 box 15.25 oz. Devil's Food cake mix
- plus the water, oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 box 3.9 oz. instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 8 Thin Mints Girl Scout cookies or Keebler grasshopper cookies divided
- 1 8 oz. container whipped topping (Cool Whip), thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 drops green food coloring optional
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions in a 9x13-inch baking pan. Remove from oven and let cake cool completely.
- Using a wooden spoon handle, poke holes all over the cake.
- In a large bowl, whisk together chocolate pudding mix and cold milk. Immediately pour mixture evenly all over the top of the cake, ensuring it gets in all the holes. Crush 4 of the Thin Mint cookies and spread crushed cookies all over the top of cake. Cover with saran wrap then place in fridge to set and chill for an hour or up to overnight.
- When ready to serve, mix together thawed whipped topping and peppermint extract. Mix in green food coloring, if using. Spread whipped topping over the top of cake. Crush remaining 4 Thin Mint cookies then sprinkle all over the top of cake. Cut into slices and serve!