You can’t have a Thanksgiving feast without the gravy! This recipe for turkey gravy is simple, full of flavor and one everyone will love!
What is your favorite thing to eat on Thanksgiving? Mine would be the rolls AND the gravy. I can’t begin to imagine that turkey dinner without amazing gravy! I pour it all over my entire plate of food, I love it so much. I am not a turkey gravy snob by any means. Meaning, I like really simple gravy. You don’t need a bunch of extravagant ingredients to make amazing gravy, either. As long as you season that bird right, your gravy should be spectacular!
For the past 3 years, on Thanksgiving, I have made this SLOW COOKER TURKEY RECIPE. The juices from this recipe make for the most incredibly delicious gravy recipe, so I thought I better share it with you all! 🙂
You don’t have to use that recipe to make this gravy either. You can use any turkey recipe drippings or even turkey stock. The flavor will obviously be a little different, depending on how you season your bird, but this method is really easy so it’s the way I like to make my gravy. It comes out perfect every time!
I do use one ingredient you may not agree with. A packet of turkey gravy. Yep, you read that right. I cheat just a little and use the help of a gravy packet. I LOVE the added flavor it gives the gravy. You do NOT need to do this, especially if you’re worried about added salt. But I love it and make mine this way every time. I think it only makes it extra delicious.
MORE RECIPES YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- 4 cups turkey drippings OR 4 cups turkey/chicken stock
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 1 packet (0.87 ounce) turkey gravy (I like the McCormick brand)
- salt and pepper to taste
- (Make sure to strain turkey drippings first to get rid of any large chunks before using)
- Place strained turkey drippings in a large saucepan. Let it sit for 5 minutes, then skim any fat from the top surface. Add butter to drippings then cook over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes, stirring often, until slightly thickened.
- Mix together cornstarch and water to create a slurry. Whisk slurry into the saucepan. Then whisk in gravy packet contents, if using. Continue to simmer until gravy thickens. Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
4 thoughts on “Turkey Gravy”
Thank you for sharing this recipe! I made it for Thanksgiving dinner and my whole family gobbled it up! Loved it!! I was a little skeptical about the McCormick packet, but it was absolutely perfect! Thanks again!
It was delicious. Best turkey I have ever made, including the gravy. Thank you for the recipe.
This gravy is soooo good. Made it last year and can not wait to make it again Few more days !
Thank you Beks! So great to her hear you love it as much as we do 🙂