Okay, so I think this is my new favorite dessert. Well, for the moment anyway. It is a delicious combination of ice cream, caramel sauce, sugar cookie and chocolate! All of my favorite things! I’ve had the Twix Ice Cream bars a lot more than I care to admit… I freakin’ LOVE them! One of the last times I ate one I thought I could easily create this sinful little guy at home. So I did… And it was awesome.. And you need to make it…. Now! 🙂
It’s really easy to make. Just takes a little patience. Patience for like a day because you need it to really set and freeze well before you dig in. It’s definitely worth the wait!
TWIX Ice Cream Cake
An ice cream cake with sugar cookie pieces, caramel and chocolate. It tastes just like the TWIX ice cream candy bars!
- 1 1.5 quart Vanilla Ice cream, softened
- 1 16 ounce jar of Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a 9×13 inch baking dish spread out the ice cream evenly. Cover and place in freezer. Freeze to set for 2 hours.
- While the ice cream is setting start making the cookie topping. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugars in a medium bowl. Stir in vanilla and flour until well mixed. Spread dough into a foil-lined 8×8 inch baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes or slightly golden. Remove from heat and let stand until completely cooled.
- Once Ice cream is all set and cookie topping is completely cooled, take ice cream out of freezer. Pour the caramel sauce evenly over ice cream. Break apart the cookie topping into big chunks and sprinkle evenly over caramel.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwavable bowl. Heat at 30 second intervals until melted. Stir and then drizzle over the cookie topping. Re-cover and place back into freezer for 6 hours or overnight to completely re-freeze.
17 thoughts on “TWIX Ice Cream Cake”
Holly, Holly, Holly… Freakin’ amazing!
omgoodness!! these look insanely good!
Oh this could be dangerous to me…lol. Wow – I know a lot of folks in my life whou would go crazy over this (including myself!!!)
Yum!!!! My mother in law makes something similar to this but with oreos! I will def be trying this one out 🙂
When u posted this on FB last night I went out and bought all the stuff for it! Cant wait to eat it tonight 😀
That looks so amazing! I cannot wait to make this. Great pictures!
OMG!!! My family is going to LOVE this! Can’t wait to try it =)
I LOOOOOVVVVVE those ice cream candy bars! Your a genious to have thought of this!!! Seems so easy too!
Wow, this is my kind of dessert…so yummie 🙂 Perfect to end a nice meal.
Oh my, Holly. Do you deliver? I’m going to need one of these every Monday night, just to get over the Monday blahs 🙂
Oh dear, I think I need to go to the market asap.
These look sinfully good, I can see a bit of an obsession happening. And sound really easy to make as you said just patience.
Thanks for a new ice cream treat to try.
Wow Holly. My son was just telling me he wanted an ice cream cake for his birthday. I think this would go crazy over this! I’ll add it to my “must make” list off of your blog 🙂
Oh! My! Gosh!
Girl that looks amazing! Twix is one of my fave candy bars, so put it with ice cream into cake form and I’m all over it!
Holly – You deserve an A++ for creativity and OOOOOHHHHHH MY GOODNESS! I would definitely LOVE this – I’m a caramel fantatic. WOW! I’m so impressed! Found this at Mandy’s TTT. *-*
Saw this floating around on pinterest and had to try it! We looooooved it. Thanks!