Okay, so I think this is my new favorite dessert. Well, for the moment anyway. It is a delicious combination of ice cream, caramel sauce, sugar cookie and chocolate! All of my favorite things! I’ve had the Twix Ice Cream bars a lot more than I care to admit… I freakin’ LOVE them! One of the last times I ate one I thought I could easily create this sinful little guy at home. So I did… And it was awesome.. And you need to make it…. Now! 🙂
It’s really easy to make. Just takes a little patience. Patience for like a day because you need it to really set and freeze well before you dig in. It’s definitely worth the wait!
TWIX Ice Cream Cake
An ice cream cake with sugar cookie pieces, caramel and chocolate. It tastes just like the TWIX ice cream candy bars!
Write a review
- 1 (1.5 quart) Vanilla Ice cream, softened
- 1 (16 ounce ) jar of Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a 9×13 inch baking dish spread out the ice cream evenly. Cover and place in freezer. Freeze to set for 2 hours.
- While the ice cream is setting start making the cookie topping. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugars in a medium bowl. Stir in vanilla and flour until well mixed. Spread dough into a foil-lined 8×8 inch baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes or slightly golden. Remove from heat and let stand until completely cooled.
- Once Ice cream is all set and cookie topping is completely cooled, take ice cream out of freezer. Pour the caramel sauce evenly over ice cream. Break apart the cookie topping into big chunks and sprinkle evenly over caramel.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwavable bowl. Heat at 30 second intervals until melted. Stir and then drizzle over the cookie topping. Re-cover and place back into freezer for 6 hours or overnight to completely re-freeze.
Life In The Lofthouse https://life-in-the-lofthouse.com/