I think this Twix Ice Cream Cake is my new favorite dessert. Well, for the moment anyway. It is a delicious combination of vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce, sugar cookie, and chocolate. All of my favorite things!
I’ve had the Twix Ice Cream bars a lot more than I care to admit. I LOVE them! One of the last times I ate one I thought I could easily create the sinful little treat at home. So I did, and it was awesome.
This cake is really easy to make. It just takes a little patience. Patience for like a day because you need it to set and freeze before you dig in. It’s definitely worth the wait!
TWIX Ice Cream Cake
- 1 container (1.5 quarts) vanilla ice cream softened
- 1 jar (12 ounces) caramel topping
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup salted butter softened
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Spread softened ice cream out evenly in the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish. Cover and place in freezer. Freeze for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, start making the cookie topping. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 8×8-inch baking pan with foil. Set aside.
- Cream butter and both sugars together in a medium bowl. Stir in egg and vanilla until combined. Gradually add in flour until just combined. Spread dough evenly into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until slightly golden. Remove from oven and let stand until completely cooled.
- Once Ice cream is set, and cookie topping is completely cooled, take ice cream out of freezer. Pour the caramel sauce evenly over ice cream. Break apart the cookie topping into big chunks and sprinkle evenly over caramel.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwavable bowl. Heat at 30 second intervals; stirring in between, until melted. Drizzle melted chocolate evenly over the cookie topping. Re-cover and place back in freezer for 6 hours or overnight to completely re-freeze. Slice, serve, and enjoy!