I promised on Instagram that delicious things would be happening today. And here is that promise fulfilled. I give you BANANA BLONDIES. Aka. The tastiest banana bars you will ever encounter. 😀
These bars. Gosh they’re good. So soft and delicious, they almost melt in your mouth. And that sweet frosting is browned-butter frosting. Yep, I told you they are amazing. Don’t even ask me how many I ate. 😉
I can’t think of a better way to use those ripe bananas sitting on your kitchen counter! This recipe makes a 9×13 pan. I cut mine pretty big for the photos, but you can cut them smaller to feed a lot of people. That is, if you’re willing to share…
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup mashed banana (2 medium bananas)
- Brown Sugar Frosting
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13-inch baking dish with foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside
- In bowl of stand mixer combine melted butter and sugar. Mix until combined. Add in eggs and vanilla and continue mixing until incorporated. Stir in salt, flour and banana until batter is smooth. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until center is set. Cool before frosting.
- Browned Butter Frosting: In a medium saucepan melt butter. Add brown sugar and milk and stir until mixture comes to just a boil. Remove from heat, allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in powdered sugar with a whisk.
- Spread on top of blondies. Allow frosting to set before cutting into squares.