These Baked Buffalo Chicken Taquitos are a family favorite. Filled with shredded chicken, cream cheese, ranch dressing, wing sauce and sharp cheese. . . these are crazy good and so simple to make.
Hi everyone! It’s Jodi again from 5 Boys Baker. I am so excited to be guest posting again today for Holly.
I don’t know about you, but I am one of those Costco shoppers who doesn’t usually leave the store without a rotisserie chicken. They are my favorite because you can do so many things with them. There have been many nights where they have saved me when it comes to dinner! These Baked Buffalo Chicken Taquitos are one of my favorite things to make using my beloved Costco rotisserie chicken.
These taquitos are so simple to make and who doesn’t love simple, delicious dinners? I sometimes make the chicken mixture earlier in the day and put it in the fridge. Then when dinner time rolls around, I assemble the taquitos and throw them in the oven. So easy peasy! You certainly can cook and shred your own chicken breasts, but I’m all about simplifying wherever I can, so most of the time I use a rotisserie chicken.
Even if you’re not a fan of buffalo wing sauce, I think you might actually like these taquitos. My son Zach is definitely not a fan of the taste of buffalo wing sauce, but he loves these.
I personally would love to use blue cheese dressing in these, but since blue cheese is detested by everyone in my family but me (my husband has convinced all my boys it tastes like throw up). I stick with ranch dressing and just a sprinkle of blue cheese crumbles on top of mine. I hope you love these as much as we do.
Baked Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup ranch dressing
- ¼ cup wing sauce (I use Frank’s buffalo wing sauce)
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken (I use a rotisserie)
- 1½ cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Fajita size flour tortillas* (about 12)
- Kosher salt
- Dipping Sauce:
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- 1 tablespoon wing sauce (or a little more if you’d like)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with tin foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, ranch dressing and wing sauce. Mix together until smooth (I like to use my hand mixer).
- Add shredded chicken and grated cheese and stir until well combined.
- Place about two heaping tablespoons chicken filling down the edge of each tortilla. Roll tightly and place on prepared cookie sheet. Spray with cooking spray and sprinkle lightly with kosher salt.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges start to turn golden brown. Serve with dipping sauce.
- While taquitos are baking, prepare sauce by whisking ranch dressing and wing sauce together.
- *You can also use corn tortillas if you’d like, just place the corn tortillas between a couple damp paper towels and microwave them for about 20 seconds. This will make them soft and more pliable so they roll easier without tearing.
- Yields 12 taquitos. Can serve 4 to 6.
Recipe from: 5boysbaker.com