These Baked Southwest Egg Rolls are loaded with chicken, beans, corn and more. They are packed with flavor! Dunk them in salsa-ranch for one amazing lunch or dinner!
I am usually the type of person that tries to watch what I eat. You probably would’nt think so by the food I post on my blog. But I do try. When I eat something that isnt very healthy I try to keep my portions under control. But sometimes, it’s hard. I am human and I love food! I think having my blog has definitley helped my waistline expand, so I am going to try and clean it up, just a bit. I will definitely keep posting some devilish things, but try and post more healthy stuff too.
These Southwest baked egg rolls are healthy and very good. I found them on Mel’s Kitchen Cafe. I changed up the recipe a bit, and got rid of the cheese. They turned out great!
Baked Southwest Egg Rolls
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed small
- 1 green or red bell pepper, diced small
- 1 jalapeno pepper, membranes removed and seeded, finely minced
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- ⅓ cup salsa verde
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 12 soft taco size, flour tortillas
- Salsa-Ranch dip:
- 1 cup light Ranch dressing
- 1 cup chunky Salsa
- Mix salsa and ranch together and let chill in fridge.
- Directions for egg rolls: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with tinfoil, spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and saute for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic, cook for 30 seconds. Add in chicken and peppers. Stir well. Cook over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add in black beans, salsa, corn, cilantro and seasonings. Mix well and cook until mixture is thoroughly heated.
- Heat a few tortillas at a time, in microwave, for 20 seconds. Place about ½ cup of chicken mixture onto center of tortilla. Roll up tightly, egg roll style. (Fold in each side, and roll up.) Secure with toothpicks, if needed.
- Place all rolls onto cookie sheet. Spray the rolls with cooking spray (this will make them crispy and yummy). Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve immediately with dipping sauce.