These Baked Southwest Egg Rolls are loaded with chicken, beans, corn and more. They are packed with flavor! Dunk them in salsa-ranch for one amazing lunch or dinner!
I am usually the type of person that tries to watch what I eat. You probably wouldn’t think so by the food I post on my blog. But I do try. When I eat something that isn’t very healthy I try to keep my portions under control. But sometimes, it’s hard. I am human and I love food!
I think having my blog has definitely helped my waistline expand, so I am going to try and clean it up, just a bit. I will definitely keep posting some devilish things, but try and post more healthy stuff too.
Baked Southwest Egg Rolls
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed small
- 1 green or red bell pepper diced small
- 1 jalapeno pepper membranes removed and seeded, finely minced
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/3 cup salsa verde
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 soft taco size flour tortillas
- Salsa-Ranch dip:
- 1 cup light Ranch dressing
- 1 cup chunky Salsa
- Mix salsa and ranch together and let chill in fridge.
- Directions for egg rolls: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with tinfoil, spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and saute for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic, cook for 30 seconds. Add in chicken and peppers. Stir well. Cook over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add in black beans, salsa, corn, cilantro and seasonings. Mix well and cook until mixture is thoroughly heated.
- Heat a few tortillas at a time, in microwave, for 20 seconds. Place about 1/2 cup of chicken mixture onto center of tortilla. Roll up tightly, egg roll style. (Fold in each side, and roll up.) Secure with toothpicks, if needed.
- Place all rolls onto cookie sheet. Spray the rolls with cooking spray (this will make them crispy and yummy). Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve immediately with dipping sauce.
26 thoughts on “Baked Southwest Egg Rolls”
You are just beautiful Holly!
The recipe looks mighty fine too, lol 😉
Oh how wonderful that you will be going on a wonderful trip with your husband, Holly! This looks wonderful!!
A twist to the Asian egg rolls. Love it and looks so healthy!
YOU CAN DO IT!
Stay strong, and you will be loving the result!
I get to go to Disneyland in Sept. I will be running in the Disneyland 1/2 Marathon. Wanna join me? 🙂
Holly,in case you didn’t know… you already look “smokin hot”… LOL! Just saw your post and these look awesome. I have all the ingredients and I’m going to whip some up tomorrow night! Have fun on your trip…see you on the Matterhorn!
My boys would love those, thanks for sharing!
Those look so good. My mouth was watering looking at the pictures.
You had me at “Southwest”. I love any Southwest food. I vacationed in New Mexico some time back, and I swear I ate my way through the whole two weeks I was there.
Sounds like an exciting vacation to California. Enjoy!!
Girl do I hear you! I need to chop off at least 30 pounds. Still waiting for my 30 Day Shred and then its on! Or off I guess I should say. You are gorgeous so I don’t know what you have to worry about.
What chu talkin’ bout Willis? You are always smokin hot…LOL!
These sound seriously fantastic though. You really don’t even miss the cheese because there is so many other good flavors going on!
Bookmarked! Thanks for the dinner idea.
I definately know how difficult is to cook and not to eat what you cook. Congrats for your anniversary, you look great so you can eat whatever you want to.
Kisses from Spain.
I have made these before from Mels blog My family loves them. Thank U for reminding me to make them again 😉
Well, they say all things in moderation so I that is what I go for and think of when I’m making the yummy stuff for my blog. I bet you all are going to have an awesome time on your anniversary trip! California is so beautiful and Disneyland is awesome 🙂
PS- Have you been spying on my house? I just made baked egg rolls the other day too 😉
Gosh I really need to be better about working out after baking, and eating, and baking, then eating… These look and sound so yummy!
Your egg rolls look wonderful and that coming trip is going to be fantastic. I hope you have a great day. Blessings…Mary
U look so good Holl. You dont need to do nuttin.
These look scrumptious!!! LOVE southwest anything!
How exciting! COngrats of 5 years – have fun!!! And these look so very delicious! ♥- Katrina
These look sooo amazingly delicious!!
YAY vacations!! I’m going on one in July and am seriously counting down the days. Need one SO bad! But some more time to look good in the bathing suit would be good, too 🙂
You keep posting these recipes and I”ll keep making’em gluten free! LOL. thank you again!
YUM! These look amazing- I am sitting in bed, wishing I had one of these (fat girl comment for the day)
Thanks for sharing a healthy recipe. It was a awesome trying this recipe with the dipping sauce. I just cayenne powder sauce. Yummy!