BBQ Chicken French Bread Pizza has zesty barbecue sauce, tender chicken and Mozzarella cheese baked over a fluffy loaf of French bread. This pizza is so delicious and easy to make!
There’s nothing quite like a fresh loaf of French bread from your local grocer or baker. The crisp crust and fluffy center are a match made in bakery heaven. My new recipe for BBQ Chicken French Bread Pizza will blow your mind on how to use a loaf of bread. No matter how you slice it, this recipe is a winner!
WHAT IS BBQ CHICKEN FRENCH BREAD PIZZA?
When I bought a loaf of French bread at the store I instantly knew I was going to make an easy pizza recipe with it. I started to assemble what would become a brand new favorite at our house. I sliced the bread down the center then slathered each side with tangy BBQ sauce. Then, I topped it with cooked chicken, shredded mozzarella cheese and sliced red onion. I baked it for only 15 minutes and then sprinkled on some fresh cilantro. It turned out absolutely delicious!
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE BBQ CHICKEN FRENCH BREAD PIZZA
1 loaf French bread
Cooked, shredded chicken
Shredded Mozzarella cheese
Sliced red onion
HOW DO I MAKE BBQ CHICKEN FRENCH BREAD PIZZA?
Slice French bread in half horizontally, as evenly as possible, then place on a large baking sheet. Slather each side with BBQ sauce then top with chicken, cheese and sliced onion. Bake at 375-degrees F. oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Carefully remove from the oven and top with chopped cilantro. Slice and serve! This recipe is so incredibly delicious, and will make you so happy that dinner is ready in a snap!
SHOULD I USE STORE BOUGHT OR HOMEMADE FRENCH BREAD?
Either works just fine for this recipe. If you are running short on time store bought French bread will do just fine. If you have a little more time, and want to infuse some extra love into the dinner, make my Fabulous French Bread. It takes this meal to a whole new level! Your family just might think you went to the south of France to get a loaf of bread for dinner. 😉
WHAT KIND OF CHICKEN SHOULD I USE?
To keep things as simple as possible I highly recommend buying a rotisserie chicken then shredding it. This is a great way to get plenty of meat on the pizza without having to cook it. If you have any leftover chicken from the night before, then this is the perfect recipe to use it in. We love when two meals become one!
HOW MANY SERVINGS DOES BBQ CHICKEN FRENCH BREAD PIZZA MAKE?
One French bread pizza should easily serve 6. If you have a very hungry family, buy two loaves and double up on the ingredients. This recipe is very simple to double or even triple!
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE A FEW MORE OF MY FAVORITE DINNERS!
Chicken Stuffed French Bread – Tender chicken, cheese, green onions, and ranch dressing are stuffed in a loaf of French bread then baked to perfection.
Italian Cheesesteak French Bread Pizza – Juicy slices of beef, melted cheese, and red peppers served on a thick slices of French bread.
Stuffed French Bread – Ready in 30 minutes, this dinner is packed with ground beef, onion, garlic, and shredded cheese all stuffed in a loaf of French bread.
Taco French Bread Pizza – Diced tomatoes, black olives, ground beef, melted cheese, and cilantro all top a dense loaf of bread.
BBQ Chicken French Bread Pizza
- 1 loaf French bread (Or use my homemade French bread recipe)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 pound cooked, shredded chicken breast (a rotisserie chicken works great for this recipe)
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- freshly chopped cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Set aside.
- Slice the loaf of French bread in half, lengthwise. (try to cut it as evenly as possible.) Place the two pieces of French bread on the prepared baking sheet, cut side up.
- Spread the barbecue sauce evenly over both pieces of bread. Then sprinkle a 1/2 cup of Mozzarella cheese evenly over the barbecue sauce on each side of bread. Top with the cooked shredded chicken and red onion. Sprinkle the remaining cheese all over the tops.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Carefully, remove from oven and season with salt and pepper. Let pizza rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Top with cilantro then serve. Enjoy!