The Super Bowl is this Sunday and everyone, well most everyone, is trying to find the perfect appetizers to serve. If you’re still undecided, you should give these nachos a whirl. They are unbelievably good.
One of my Facebook friends asked me a while back, what kind of cheese sauce I would use on BBQ Nachos? My first thought was, ‘BBQ Nachos?’.. That sounds like the yummiest thing in the world!’ And then my next thought was… ‘Google’.
I typed in ‘BBQ Nachos’ and the first recipe that pulled up was Bobby Flay’s. That man is a genius. I scoped out his recipe and loved everything about it. The sauce sounded amazing, so I responded back to her question on Facebook, and gave her the link to Bobby’s recipe.
When I was done, I quickly printed the recipe off for myself, and knew I would be making them ASAP. I made a few changes to the original recipe, and we totally loved the outcome. We were scarfing these down like animals! YUM!
BBQ Chicken Nachos
Nacho Cheese Sauce
- 1 pound Velveeta cheese
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (14 ounces) tomatoes with green chilies (Rotel) drained
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, finely diced (seeds removed)
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped (for topping)
- 2 pounds corn tortilla chips
- 1 ½ pounds cooked, shredded chicken (a rotisserie chicken works great for this recipe)
- 1 bottle BBQ sauce
For Nacho Cheese Sauce
- Add the Velveeta cheese, cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, and tomatoes with green chilies to a large saucepan. Cook over medium heat. Stir until melted.
- Add the diced tomatoes, diced jalapeno, red onion, and black pepper to the melted cheese sauce. Stir until combined.
- Arrange tortilla chips on a large serving platter, or on individual plates. Cover with the shredded chicken, then top with desired amount of BBQ sauce. Drizzle the Nacho Cheese sauce all over the top. Top with sliced green onion, if desired. Serve immediately and enjoy! ♥