Golden delicious and fluffy waffles with brown sugar bacon throughout. These Brown Sugar Bacon Waffles will be a hit at breakfast or dinner!
Waffles and bacon are some of my favorite breakfast foods. The two combined, have to be the greatest idea I’d ever heard! I was beyond excited to try these when I saw them over at Joy the Baker.
The picture had me drooling and dreaming until I had the chance to make them. I whipped up a batch last week for dinner, and savored EVERY. SINGLE. BITE. They were so good! My kids totally loved them too. (But it may have been because I let them have strawberries and whip cream with theirs) Who knows!? 🙂
I had a few waffles leftover, so I decided to freeze them. We reheated them in the toaster the next morning and they were still delicious! I love these waffles!
Brown Sugar Bacon Waffles
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cups canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups buttermilk
- For Bacon: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with heavy-duty tinfoil. Arrange bacon in a single layer on the baking sheet. Sprinkle the bacon evenly with the brown sugar.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until bacon is crispy and sugar is caramelized. Remove from oven. Immediately remove bacon, using a pair of tongs, and place onto a cutting board. (DON'T USE PAPER TOWELS, the bacon will stick to them!)
- Let bacon cool, and then chop into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
- For Waffles: Set waffle iron on a clean, flat surface and turn on to preheat.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and brown sugar. Whisk together to blend.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, eggs, vanilla and buttermilk. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold in. Once mixture is almost fully incorporated, add bacon bites. Stir. Try not to over-mix the batter, it can make the waffles tough. The batter will be lumpy!
- Cook waffles according to your waffle iron instructions. Serve with maple syrup and strawberries! Enjoy!