Bruschetta Chicken imports Italian flavors right to your dinner plate. Seasoned chicken is topped with melted Mozzarella cheese, fresh tomatoes, garlic, and basil.
When I’m looking to eat a little healthier, I don’t like to sacrifice flavor. Sometimes that can be a challenge when creating simple, clean, and waist-friendly dinners. That’s why I am so excited to share with you my Bruschetta Chicken recipe! It checks all those boxes. This chicken is lite, bright, and bursting with flavor!
WHAT MAKES BRUSCHETTA CHICKEN SO FLAVORFUL?
Fresh ingredients are key for this recipe. The list of items that you need to make Bruschetta Chicken are so few that it will make for a very easy trip to the grocery store. Fresh tomatoes, garlic, basil, and Mozzarella cheese combined with a drizzle of balsamic glaze will touch each corner of your palate. All you need is a little pinch of salt, and one over your shoulder for good luck, and you will be heading towards one incredible dinner. 😉
HOW DO YOU PREPARE THE CHICKEN?
Season each side of chicken with Italian seasoning. That’s it! Then cook or grill for 6 minutes on each side, or until thoroughly cooked. Internal temperature needs to reach 165 degrees F.
HOW DO I PREPARE THE BRUSCHETTA MIXTURE?
The combination of fresh tomatoes, garlic, and basil are so incredibly delicious! Once you make this and see how simple it is, you’ll be finding reasons to make it for just about anything. Dice up fresh Roma tomatoes, to keep within the authentic Italian flavor. Mince at least 2 cloves of garlic, or a few more for all my garlic lovers out there. Finally stack a few basil leaves on top of each other and roll them up before you cut the herb. This will make it so much easier to cut through. Combine everything together with some kosher salt and this mixture is ready to serve!
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE A FEW MORE FLAVORFUL AND LITE DINNERS!
Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken Tacos – Chicken breasts that is pull apart tender and flavored with taco and ranch seasoning.
Teriyaki Chicken Kebabs – Pieces of chicken and chunks of fresh pineapple skewered and grilled with delicious glaze.
Lemon Garlic Steak Bites – Bits of juicy steak pan seared with fresh lemon and minced garlic.
Hawaiian Chicken Meal Prep Bowls – Tender pieces of chicken in a sweet and tangy glaze.
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half horizontally to create 4 thin cutlets
- 4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic salt
- Olive oil
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 4 Tablespoons freshly sliced basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- pinch of salt
- 4 thin slices fresh Mozzarella cheese
- Balsamic vinegar glaze (optional) (I like the Star brand)
- For Chicken: Heat one or two tablespoons of olive oil, over medium heat, in a large grill pan or large skillet.Season the 4 chicken cutlets evenly with the Italian seasoning and garlic salt. Cook chicken for 6 minutes, on each side, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.Remove chicken from pan and set on a plate. Tent with foil to keep warm.
- For Bruschetta Topping: place diced tomatoes, basil, garlic and salt in a medium bowl. Toss to combine. Top each warm chicken breast with one slice of Mozzarella cheese, then top with desired amount of bruschetta topping.Serve immediately with balsamic vinegar, if desired, and enjoy!