Cheesy Chicken Rice and Broccoli Skillet is a meal in one that your family will surely enjoy. This skillet meal is the perfect thing to make when you need something quick, filling and delicious!
Skillet meals are one of my favorite things to make for so many reasons. They’re quick, delicious, comforting and most of the time use only one pan. They’re my go-to meal often and have been a lifesaver on many occasions.
Do any of you love skillet meals as much as I do?
This Cheesy Chicken, Rice & Broccoli Skillet Meal has become one of my favorite skillet meals. I could honestly eat the entire pan myself. I knew that all my kids weren’t going to love this because I have two very picky eaters who happen to dislike broccoli very much. Dislike might be putting it mildly, it’s more like detest. I tell them all the time they’re missing out because broccoli is so good and good for them. For some reason, they never seem to buy it, but it doesn’t stop me from trying to change their minds.
They did eat this (after picking out the broccoli of course) and really liked it, so if you have any broccoli haters in your household, just tell them to pick it out and eat up (lol). 😀
Cheesy Chicken, Rice and Broccoli Skillet is one of those meals that is comforting, so simple to make, and is the perfect thing when you’re running short on time. It’s fast, easy, filling, and delicious. Serve this with a green salad or some fruit and you’ve got a fantastic meal.
MORE DELICIOUS SKILLET RECIPES
Cheesy Chicken, Rice and Broccoli Skillet
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup white long grain rice
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth plus extra, if needed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter
- In a large oven-safe skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is golden on the outside, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in rice, heavy cream, and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer over medium low heat, cover and cook until rice is tender (about 30 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- When rice is tender, add broccoli, and 1½ cups of the cheddar cheese. Mix until combined and continue simmering until broccoli is tender and cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Season with more salt and pepper if needed and add more chicken broth if needed. (You want this mixture to be moist and more on the “wet” side.)
- Heat broiler.
- In a small bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and melted butter, set aside. Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup grated cheese over chicken & broccoli followed by the bread crumb mixture. Broil until golden and crispy, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
Recipe by: 5 Boys Baker.com
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!