Cheesy Potato Casserole is a mix between the one my Mom used to make, and one I found on the bag of my frozen hashbrowns a few years ago. This is a perfect side dish to any beef, ham or chicken dinner. I’ve even made it for breakfast!
This cheesy casserole is so comforting and yummy. I actually decided next time I make it, I’m going to throw in some chopped ham, and it’ll be a complete dinner in itself. I love it when you can turn a side dish into a main course with hardly any effort! With our hectic schedule, I am always trying to think of ways to make dinner time easier!
Cheesy Potato Casserole
Write a review
- 1 (2 lb.) bag of frozen Hashbrowns (shredded or diced)
- 2 (10 oz.) cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 (16 oz.) container of Sour Cream
- 1 small Yellow Onion, chopped OR 1 bunch Green Onions, sliced
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup Corn flakes, crushed
- 1 Tablespoon Butter, melted
- 1-2 cups diced Ham (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F°. Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream of mushroom soups, sour cream, onion and 1+1/2 cups of the shredded cheese. Mix together well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in frozen hashbrowns, and chopped ham (if using) and mix all together well. Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake uncovered, for 45 minutes.
- While potatoes are baking, mix together the crushed corn flakes, melted butter and the last 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
- When potatoes are done, remove from oven and sprinkle the top evenly with the corn flake mixture. Place back into oven and bake another 15 minutes or until top is golden and bubbly. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
Life In The Lofthouse https://life-in-the-lofthouse.com/