As I type out this blog post- I’m laying in my New York hotel bed! I’m here with my family on a little vacation and so excited to be here. We have a day planned with lots to do, but first I need to tell you about this CHICKEN CAPRESE GARLIC BREAD!
This bread is incredible. Homemade garlic bread topped with seasoned grilled chicken, lots of Mozzarella cheese, tomato and basil. So dang delicious!
But the deliciousness doesn’t end there. There’s a balsamic reduction to go with this recipe that you drizzle over the top. Mmmm it’s so good! But definitely not a must if you’re not a balsamic vinegar fan. So skip that part if you’re not and I promise you’ll still love this yummy bread!
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 small chicken breasts, cubed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 loaf French bread
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups freshly grated Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3 Tablespoons freshly chopped basil
- In a small saucepan, bring balsamic vinegar and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer until it's reduced by half and thickened. About 10 minutes or so. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cook cubed chicken in a large skillet, over medium-hight heat. Cook and stir until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut french bread in half lengthwise and place cut side up on a large baking sheet.
- In a bowl combine softened butter and garlic. Stir together then spread evenly over both French bread halves. Then top each half with cooked chicken and Mozzarella cheese. Place sliced tomatoes all over the top. Place in oven and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with chopped fresh basil and drizzles of the balsamic reduction. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from: Neighbor Food Blog