Chicken Fajitas that taste like the ones from Chili’s restaurant. These delicious fajitas will win everyones heart at the dinner table!
These chicken fajitas are the best! They are a copycat version of Chili’s fajitas. I LOVE theirs and order them all the time when we go there. The marinade for the chicken is what makes these amazing!
The flavors in these Chicken Fajitas are mild, yet wonderful. There’s a slight smokiness from the liquid smoke you add, and I believe it’s the secret winning ingredient. Whoever came up with this recipe must have worked at Chili’s, because they really did nail it on the head.
The Best Chicken Fajitas
Chicken fajitas that have amazing flavor!
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (don't skip this!)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 ½ pounds chicken breasts (about 3 large chicken breasts)
- 1 yellow onion cut into thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lime juice a quick squeeze of a cut lime
- dash salt and pepper
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Place chicken in the bowl and turn a few times to coat with marinade. Cover bowl with saran wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- After marinading, take chicken out of the bowl and discard marinade. Grill chicken for atleast 5 minutes per side or until thoroughly cooked. ( if you have fat pieces of chicken you may want to cut them in half lengthwise to ensure they cook evenly and thoroughly) Remove from pan or grill and place chicken on a plate. Tent with foil to keep warm.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat 1 Tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add sliced onion and peppers. Stir fry until softened but still slightly crisp. Add soy sauce, water, lime juice and salt and pepper. Stir and continue to cook another 3-5 minutes. Slice chicken thinly and toss with the peppers and onion mixture. Serve immediately with flour tortillas, salsa, lettuce, tomato or whatever your heart desires!
Nutrition info does not include tortillas or toppings.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 286kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 11g
18 thoughts on “Chicken Fajitas”
I heart fajitas. So easy and yummy!
Chilis is our all time favorite restaurant:-) This looks so delicious and fresh. (and healthy) Love it!!!
Yup…Mel’s Chicken Fajitas are the bomb fo’ shizzle. I will never try another recipe because they are the BEST!
There is no doubt in my mind that this is going to be THE fajitas recipe. I can hardly wait to try it! Many thanks!
The fajitas look amazing! What an easy recipe!
Oh my gosh, I am so CRAVING these now! Can’t wait to make them.
Delicious! Fajitas are one of my all time favorites
Wow! I’m going to make this next week. I’ve been in search of the perfect fajita recipe and I think I just found it – thanks!
They look delicious..a must to try..Bookmarked
I love Chili’s fajitas, these look fantastic (loving the cute salsa cup too 🙂
Ooooo…Chili’s fajitas are my family’s fav. Can’t wait to try them!
If I didn’t have a roast chicken in the oven right now, I’d be making these yummy fajitas!
Wow – these do sound yummy. I love that the marinade uses liquid smoke.
This marinade is divine!! I used shredded chicken I had left from some leg quarters I’d baked. Put them in marinade for about 30 minutes (while I did pepper/onion chopping & warmed the tortillas). I used corn tortillas & served with chopped spinach, tomatoes, and avacado slices. So YUMMO! My son ate some but thought they were too spicy so I’ll use less cayenne next time. And guess what? I’m using the leftovers for white bean chicken chili!!! :o) Thanks for a wonderful recipe!
Thanks for the share. Great stuff, just nice!
Chicken fajita recipe
Nice article and great knowledge. Thanks for the share. I love this story and enjoy with your words!
Chicken fajita recipe
This fajita recipe looks so good! Just included it in my round up blog post here https://www.cheapeatsthriftycrafts.com/save-money-cheap-copycat-recipes!