I’m tellin ya… sometimes you just need a fudgey.. gooey.. chocolatey brownie to make everything okay. You really do.
This past week has been crazy with work being so busy, all the house buying hoopla, and just knowing that I have to pack up my house and move in less than 2 weeks…. makes me crave chocolate.
I knew these brownies would make me feel better. They were so very delicious. I think I had more fun making them than eating them, but I’m weird like that.
Chocolate Fudge Brownies
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Chocolate Glaze
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 5 teaspoons hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8×8 inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, heat the butter and chocolate at 30 second intervals, until melted. Stir together well.
- Using a whisk, stir in brown and granulated sugars into the melted chocolate. Add in eggs and vanilla and continue to whisk until combined. Pour chocolate mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients.
- Using a spatula, fold the chocolate mixture into the flour mixture, just until combined. Pour batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let brownies cool completely before topping with glaze.
- For Chocolate glaze: In a small bowl, stir together powdered sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla and water. Stir until it is smooth and pourable. Pour glaze over the cooled brownies. Use the back of a spoon to spread evenly. Let stand (or place in fridge) until glaze is set. (About 30 minutes)
- Cut into 9 squares and serve. Enjoy!
Serving size: 9 Calories: 331 Fat: 15g Saturated fat: 9g Unsaturated fat: 5g Carbohydrates: 48g Sugar: 38g Sodium: 156mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 4g Cholesterol: 89mg