Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies are topped with a fluffy marshmallow and chocolate frosting resulting in a soft, decadent cookie. These are what a chocolate lover’s dreams are made of!
My Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies are absolutely amazing. Double chocolate cookies with a soft and gooey marshmallow will win over anyone’s heart! They’re most likely the best, fudgiest cookies I have ever met. They are not only delicious, but they are beautiful! Chocolate marshmallow cookies would be the perfect treat to make for your true love on Valentine’s day or any holiday in the year!
WHAT IS A CHOCOLATE MARSHMALLOW COOKIE?
An easy and rich chocolate cookie dough is mixed then scooped out onto a baking sheet. After baking for a bit, a fluffy marshmallow is added to the top. Then you pop them back in the oven for just a couple minutes more. Once the cookies have cooled, a delicious chocolate frosting is poured on top!
This cookie is not only indulgent and mouthwatering, but you can also have a fresh batch baked and ready to eat in 30 minutes That will make anyone fall in love! 😉
WHEN DO I ADD THE MARSHMALLOW?
For the ultimate gooey cookie wait until just the last two minutes of the baking process to add your marshmallow on top. This way the marshmallow slightly warms up but doesn’t’ fully melt. If you were to bake the marshmallow the entire baking process it would come out melted and almost burnt. Use a large marshmallow or a few mini marshmallows on top. You can even try colored marshmallows for different holidays!
HOW MANY COOKIES DOES THE RECIPE MAKE?
Each batch yields 24 cookies. This is a great recipe to bake for any time you need an amazing treat. They are perfect for parties, get togethers or just for your sweetheart. I have even sent my kids to school with some to give to their friends. They’re so good, I had a few of their parents call me for the recipe! I was happy to share it with them, and I am happy to share it with you all!
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE A FEW MORE OF MY FAVORITE COOKIE RECIPES!
The Best No Bake Cookies – Hearty oats come together with rich chocolate and peanut butter for this no bake cookie.
Hot Cocoa Cookies – A soft and chewy chocolate cookie with a gooey chocolate center and marshmallows.
S’mores Cookies – A chewy cookie full of chocolate chips, marshmallows, and graham cracker crumbs.
Single-Serving Chocolate Chip Cookie – The perfect sized cookie for one person to curb your sweet tooth.
Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup milk (I use 2%)
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 large marshmallows, halved
- 3 Tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- tiny pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.Place the shortening and sugar in a large bowl. Using an electric hand-mixer, beat together on medium speed until combined and fluffy. Slowly beat in milk, egg and vanilla extract until just combined.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda. Whisk to sift together. Slowly add this dry mixture into the wet mixture until combined.Scoop heaping tablespoons of batter onto the prepared baking sheets. You should get 24 cookies total. Bake for 7 minutes.Remove from oven and place one half marshmallow, cut side down, onto each warm cookie. Place cookies back in oven and bake another 2 minutes. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on the baking sheets.
- Frosting: Place the butter and powdered sugar in a medium bowl. Using an electric hand-mixer, beat until combined. Beat in the cocoa powder and salt until smooth. Slowly mix in the milk until frosting reaches a thin, pourable consistency.Pour one tablespoon of frosting over each marshmallow on the cooled cookies. Serve and enjoy!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!