Chocolate Protein Donuts are an easy and healthy option to satisfy your sweet tooth. You’ll never believe these delicious donuts are good for you!
I am so excited to share this recipe with you all! Who doesn’t love a donut? I am a donut fanatic, but I’m not too keen on how unhealthy they can be. So, I created this new recipe for Chocolate Protein Donuts to make sure you can indulge in this irresistible baked good with a lot less guilt.
Each one of these circles of heaven (including the frosting) is packed with 10 grams of protein! They are a great way to start the day with a cup of coffee. They are also a great substitute snack in the afternoon to give you sustained energy. My Chocolate Protein Donuts are so crave-worthy you’ll be sneaking them for a late night snack as well! 😉
Last, but certainly not least, these donuts could not be any easier to prepare. From start to finish, you can be in donut heaven within just 30 minutes!
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE PROTEIN DONUTS
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray two (6-count) donut pans with non-stick spray.
Add flour, chocolate protein powder, sweetener, baking powder and cocoa powder to a large bowl. Stir to combine the dry ingredients with a whisk.
Add the egg whites, pumpkin and applesauce to the dry ingredients. Using a spatula, gently stir to combine everything.
Spoon the batter into the donut cavities about ⅔ of the way full. (Don’t overfill.)
Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool completely and then remove from the donut pan. Frost with the chocolate frosting and enjoy!
HOW LONG DO THE DONUTS LAST?
Keep your donuts stored in a Tupperware in the fridge, and they should last 5 to 7 day.
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE A FEW MORE GUILT-FREE OPTIONS TO SATISFY YOUR SWEET TOOTH
Skinny Oreo Chocolate Milkshakes – All the things you love about a rich, chocolatey milkshake but without all the calories and fat.
Summer Fruit Salad – A slightly sweet and tangy dressing brings together all the flavors of this delicious and refreshing summer dessert.
Berry Blast Smoothies – Smoothies full of berry flavors for a hot summer day.
Apple Cookie Snacks – Slices of red delicious apples, peanut butter, coconut, crushed walnuts, and chocolate chips.
Chocolate Protein Donuts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 scoops chocolate whey protein powder (44 grams)
- 4 Tablespoons Confectioners sweetener (I use Monk Fruit Confectioners sweetener)
- 6 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup liquid egg whites
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- For Frosting:
- 2 ounces Light cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons Light chocolate syrup
- 1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder (33 grams)
- 1 ½ Tablespoons sugar-free chocolate pudding mix
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray two (6-count) donut pans with non-stick spray.Add flour, chocolate protein powder, confectioners sweetener, cocoa powder and baking powder to a large bowl. Whisk to combine the dry ingredients.
- Add the egg whites, pumpkin and applesauce to the dry ingredients. Using a spatula, gently stir until just combined. (Try not to over-mix.)Carefully spoon the batter into the greased donut cavities about ⅔ of the way full. (Don’t overfill.)Bake for 13 to 15 minutes. Let cool completely and then remove from the donut pan.
- For Frosting: Blend together all frosting ingredients until smooth. If frosting is too thick, you can thin it with a little fat free milk.Frost cooled donuts then top each donut with a pinch of rainbow sprinkles. Enjoy!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
2 thoughts on “Chocolate Protein Donuts”
These look yummy. I’ve never bought protein powder before, do you have some recommendations? Thanks!
Hi Terry! I personally love the PEScience brand of protein. Their chocolate cupcake protein powder is my favorite and what I used in this recipe. 🙂