These Crispy Southwest Chicken Wraps are loaded with chicken, veggies and rice. They are absolutely delicious and healthy!
Happy New Year, friends! I am extremely excited the new year is here. We have a lot of fun plans this year. For one, we put our house up for sale a few days ago, so we’re crossing our fingers it sells fast so we can start building a new one!
We’re vowing to live a healthier lifestyle as well (who isn’t. Ha!) Not only for weight loss but just to feel better and reduce stress. I’ll be feeding my family healthier meals this year, especially during the week. Of course, we’ll be splurging on the weekends. You have to live a little!
I made these amazing Crispy Southwest Chicken Wraps for our new years lunch. Talk about delish! And surprise, surprise they’re healthy too! These flavorful wraps are loaded with chicken, veggies and rice. To make them extra delicious add low fat cheese and sour cream (that’s what we did) and I was in heaven with every bite. If you want to reduce the calories just leave them out. Either way, these babies will be made a lot at our house this year!
MORE DELICIOUS WRAPS YOU MAY LIKE:
Chicken Bacon Ranch Lettuce Wraps
Crispy Southwest Chicken Wraps
- 1 pound cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts shredded
- 1 cup cooked rice brown or white
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 1 green onion finely sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- low fat sour cream
- 6 burrito-size flour tortillas
- In a large bowl, mix the rice with the chili powder, cumin and garlic salt. Stir in remaining ingredients except for the cheese and sour cream.Sprinkle 2 to 3 tablespoons of cheese over each tortilla. Then add about 1/2 cup or so of chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Dot the tops of chicken with a little sour cream, if using.
- Roll up stuffed tortillas, leaving the edges open. Place seam side-down and lightly spray each with cooking spray.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Place 2 stuffed wraps at a time, seam-side down, onto the skillet. Grill on each side for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully remove from skillet and repeat with all wraps.
- Transfer wraps to plates and serve warm with salsa. Enjoy! ♥
A rotisserie chicken would work great for this!
9 thoughts on “Crispy Southwest Chicken Wraps”
This looks delicious!!
I have an addiction to your blog.
I love trying your recipes out and sharing them with my friends and family. Here is the link to my blog: https://www.stayin-afloat.com/p/crispy-southwest-chicken-wraps.html
I love this recipe, it sounds so right for me today to make for my lunch. Here in rainy london uk.. : )