Crock Pot Chicken Cheesesteak Sandwiches are filled with savory chicken, spices, onion, and bell pepper. Add some creamy Queso for one incredible sandwich!
I have around 20 recipes just waiting to be posted, but sometimes there are recipes that turn out so amazingly delicious they have to be bumped up to the front of the line. These Chicken Cheesesteak Sandwiches are one of those recipes!
My dear ol’ crock pot is something I can’t live without. I love it even more when recipes like this come out of it. These sandwiches are really top notch! The chicken is slow cooked in chicken broth and spices, a long with the onions and bell peppers. Then you load that chicken mixture inside fresh hoagie buns and top it with warm white Queso Velveeta (or just a few pieces of provolone if you’re not a fan of Velveeta). So delicious!
If you love a good cheesesteak sandwich then please do yourself a favor and make these as soon as possible! 😉
MORE CROCK POT RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Crock Pot Chicken Cheesesteak Sandwiches
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced into thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 Tablespoons steak sauce I used Heinz 57
- 6 hoagie buns
- 12 slices white American cheese (or Queso)
- Grease insert of crock pot with non-stick spray. Lay the onion and bell pepper slices in the bottom of crock pot. Pour chicken broth over the veggies. Lay chicken breasts over the top of vegetables. Season chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder and steak sauce.
- Cover with lid and cook on low heat for 6 hours OR on high heat for 3 hours (or until chicken is tender and cooked through. 165 degrees F.)
- Carefully remove chicken from crock pot and shred with two forks. Return to crock pot and stir to combine the shredded chicken and veggies. (There will be liquid in the crock pot but I leave it in to keep the chicken moist.)
- Using a slotted spoon, scoop up chicken mixture and place inside hoagie buns. Top with two slices of cheese or Queso. (I used white Queso velveeta on ours and it was amazing. Provolone or white american would be delish, too.)