Savory chicken is slow cooked in chicken broth, spices, onions and bell peppers to create these incredible Crock Pot Chicken Cheesesteak Sandwiches!
I have around 20 recipes just waiting to be posted, but sometimes there are recipes that turn out so amazingly delicious they have to be bumped up to the front of the line. These Chicken Cheesesteak Sandwiches are one of those recipes!
My dear ol’ crock pot is something I can’t live without. I love it even more when recipes like this come out of it. These sandwiches are really top notch! The chicken is slow cooked in chicken broth and spices, a long with the onions and bell peppers. Then you load that chicken mixture inside fresh hoagie buns and top it with warm white queso velveeta cheese (or just a few pieces of provolone if you’re not a fan of velveeta). So delicious!
If you love a good cheesesteak sandwich then please do yourself a favor and make these as soon as possible! 😉
MORE CROCK POT RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Crock Pot Chicken Cheesesteak Sandwiches
Tender and flavorful chicken, onions and peppers slow cooked in the crock pot. Load it all inside fresh hoagie buns and lots of cheese for one amazing sandwich!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced into thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 Tablespoons steak sauce (I used Heinz 57)
- 6 hoagie buns
- Spray inside of crock pot with non-stick spray. Lay the onion and bell pepper slices in the bottom of crock pot. Pour chicken broth over the veggies. Lay chicken breasts over the top of vegetables. Sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic powder and steak sauce over the chicken.
- Cover with lid and cook on low heat for 6 to 7 hours OR on high heat for 3 to 4 hours (or until chicken is tender and cooked through)
- Carefully remove chicken from crock pot and shred with two forks. Return to crock pot and stir to combine the shredded chicken and veggies. (There will be liquid in the crock pot but I leave it in to keep the chicken moist)
- Using a slotted spoon scoop up chicken mixture and place inside hoagie buns. Top with desired kind of cheese. (I used white queso velveeta on ours and it was amazing. Provolone or white american would be delish, too)
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!