Easy Skillet Lasagna is a delicious lasagna made in just one skillet. Everyone will love the flavors of this simple meal. This is a family-favorite at our house!
I love to cook but hate doing dishes. (I’m sure most of you can agree on that!) Luckily, there are recipes like these that only take ONE pot/skillet to make an entire meal in and I definitely do not hate that!
This Easy Skillet Lasagna is one fabulous meal that is so so yummy. The beef and lasagna noodles simmer in a super flavorful tomato sauce that cooks everything together. Think of it as a deconstructed lasagna that tastes just as a delicious, but takes a lot less work and time. 🙂
After I made it for dinner, and the entire family devoured it, the recipe card went immediately into my ‘Favorites’ recipe box! 🙂
**NOTE: I do NOT suggest using a cast iron skillet for this recipe. The first time I made it, and took photographs (hence the pictures in the post) the noodles stuck to the bottom a bit, so I don’t recommend using cast iron.
Now that I have made this recipe a lot I have used a large non-stick skillet with great results. So I highly suggest using a large NON-STICK skillet for this recipe.
Also, if you like your pasta more saucy (like me!) then you can use an extra 8 ounce can of tomato sauce.
Love pasta? Try these other yummy pasta recipes:
Easy Skillet Lasagna
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 Tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 8 lasagna noodles broken into fourths
- 1 can (16 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (29 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces fresh Mozzarella cheese sliced thin
- fresh basil leaves torn
- In a large 12-inch non-stick skillet (or larger) heat olive oil over medium heat. Add diced onion. Cook and stir onion until translucent. Add minced garlic and stir until fragrant. Add parsley, basil, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to skillet. Stir and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add ground beef to skillet. Cook and crumble beef until no longer pink. Pour in half (8 ounces) of the tomato sauce. Stir to combine. Place broken lasagna noodles evenly over beef. Pour remaining tomato sauce and crushed tomatoes over the noodles, making sure noodles are completely covered in sauce.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low and then let simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until noodles are soft. Remove lid and add dollops of ricotta cheese over the top. Gently stir ricotta into lasagna. Place Mozzarella slices evenly over the top. Cover with lid and let steam melt cheese for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve warm with fresh basil. Enjoy!
*Top each serving with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.