I’ve been on a freezer cooking kick lately. Have you checked out the list of my favorite freezer meals? It’s a good list of easy and convenient meals that I love! It’s nice to be prepared and have a fully stocked freezer full of meals on those days I’m too busy to cook, or too lazy. Ha! 🙂
Today I’m sharing a new favorite of ours. We love burritos and these ones are so delicious and freeze beautifully. When I make these I like to double the recipe, so I have a lot to freeze for later. My kids, hubby and I can’t get enough of these. They are awesome! 🙂
Freezer Beef and Bean Burritos
Write a review
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups prepared Mexican rice
- 1 (15 oz.) can refried beans
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 Tablespoons sour cream
- 8 large (10-inch) flour tortillas
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, add ground beef, onion and garlic to skillet. Cook and crumble beef and cook until no longer pink. Drain grease.
- Add tomato paste, cumin, chili powder, oregano, salt, lime juice and water to beef. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a slight boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Remove from heat and let stand 15 minutes or until mixture comes to warm room temperature.
- Lay tortillas out on a flat surface and divide the beans, beef,rice and sour cream among the 8 tortillas. Fold each burrito-style.
- Wrap each burrito with saran wrap, and then place burritos in a freezer-safe ziplock bag. Freeze up to 2 months.
- To Reheat: Unwrap burrito from plastic wrap. Place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Serve and enjoy!
- Yields: 8 burritos
Life In The Lofthouse https://life-in-the-lofthouse.com/