Basil pesto and chicken stuffing gives this Italian Chicken and Stuffing Bake extra flavor. This recipe is a family favorite!
The flavor the basil pesto gives this is just so good, and the stuffing on top makes it extra delicious! I like to make this in the Fall and Winter months, when it’s cold outside, and we’re wanting a comforting meal! Serve it up with a vegetable and some warm garlic bread and your family will be in dinner heaven!
Italian Chicken & Stuffing Bake
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 box (6 ounces) Stove Top Stuffing Mix for Chicken
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ½ lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/3 cup prepared basil pesto
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine diced tomatoes, stuffing mix, water and garlic. Stir together until stuffing is moistened.
- Lay chicken pieces in a single layer in the prepared baking pan. Spread the basil pesto over the tops of chicken. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the chicken.Top with the stuffing mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Serve and enjoy!