Italian Nachos aka. my new weakness. These nachos are incredible. Crispy wontons, grilled chicken, bell peppers, and olives smothered in Alfredo sauce and cheese. Gah! 😀
I used our favorite homemade Alfredo Sauce that made these nachos all the more amazing! If you’re in a pinch or don’t feel like making homemade just use your favorite jar of store bought Alfredo.
Once I pulled these out of the oven my whole family dove right in. There was not a morsel left after only 5 minutes, so I had to make a second batch to photograph for the blog, and I was totally okay with that. 😉
- 1 package Wonton wrappers
- Vegetable Oil, for frying
- 2 cups Alfredo sauce
- 1 large chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded then diced
- 1 (2 oz.) can sliced black olives
- Parsley, chopped (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Separate wonton wrappers then cut each in half to form triangles. Carefully, deep-fry wrappers, 4 at a time, in the oil for about 30 to 40 seconds or until light golden. Remove from heat quickly then place on a paper towel lined plate to drain. Repeat with all wrappers.
- Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil then add diced bell peppers. Stir and cook 5 minutes or until tender.
- Spread fried wrappers in a single layer onto a large parchment or foil lined baking sheet. Drizzle with the Alfredo sauce, then top evenly with chicken, 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, diced bell peppers and olives. Sprinkle the remaining Mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Place under the broiler (at 450° F.) for 2 to 3 minutes, or until cheese has melted. *Stay by the oven and watch so they don't burn!
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- Serves 4-6
- * You can find Wonton wrappers in the produce section of grocery stores.