This Taco Casserole turned out SO GREAT! We absolutely loved it. Well as in, Kelsey and I. Emma won’t eat anything lately unless sugar is the main ingredient. UGH! I always get a little bummed when I make a dinner that turns out this delicious because Kale isnt here to enjoy it with us. With him working nights, it makes it tough. I think that a family sitting together around the dinner table, eating and conversating is one of the greatest joys in life. That’s why I cherish our weekends together so much!
Okay, back to the recipe. Not only is it delish, but really simple. Score!
Light Taco Casserole
Author: Life in the Lofthouse
- 24 Tortilla Chips
- ½ tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 pound extra-lean Ground Beef OR Ground Chicken
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium Taco Seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chunky Salsa
- 1 cup low-fat Cheddar Cheese or Mozzarella, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and saute for 5 minutes. Add in garlic, ground beef and taco seasoning. Cook and crumble beef until it’s browned. Stir in black beans and salsa. Cook another 5 minutes or until heated through.
- In a 9×13 baking dish, lay tortilla chips on the bottom. Gently press down on them to break them into bite-size pieces. Pour cooked meat mixture evenly over the top. Sprinkle evenly with shredded cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from oven, and let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Top with favorite toppings!