On my journey of healthy eating, I am having some big cravings for those naughty foods I just can’t resist. I am a self proclaimed Pizza-Loving-Addict! lol Oh, how I love me a big ol’ piece of ooey gooey cheesey pizza! Mmmmm So it’s had me thinking. How can I get a taste for some, without ruining my clean eating plan. Then I remembered this classic and easy way of making pizza. English Muffin style! : )
I grabbed a bag of Whole Wheat ones at the store, and then thought Hawaiian Style toppings would be perfect to go on top! I also had remembered that I have an old ‘Pizza Hut’ copycat pizza sauce recipe that is SO GOOD. Please, please, please DONT buy those nasty little cans of pizza sauce at the store! *GAG* Especially when you can make your own homemade version in just a couple minutes. To me, it tastes very similar to Pizza Huts. The flavor is delish! All you need is a can of tomatoe sauce, and a few seasonings, and voila, you will have delicious homemade pizza sauce!
Mini Hawaiian Pizzas
- 8 Whole Wheat English Muffins
- Pizza Sauce
- 2 cups part-skim Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Pineapple tidbits
- 2 cups Canadian Bacon or Ham, chopped
- Pizza Hut Pizza Sauce:
- (Makes 2 cups sauce)
- 1 (15 oz) can Tomato Sauce
- 2 tsp dried Oregano
- 1 tsp dried Marjoram
- 1 tsp dried Basil
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- Mix all together in a bowl. Refrigerate covered until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Split english muffins in half. Place halves on top of a cookie sheet. Spread 3 tablespoons worth of pizza sauce on top. Add chopped canadian bacon and pineapple on top. Sprinkle each piece with shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until cheese has melted.