Mexican Tortilla Stack is filled with ground turkey, green chilies, enchilada sauce and loads of cheese, stacked between flour tortillas. It is yummy and definitely a family favorite of ours!
Today I’m sharing this amazing and oh so delicious Mexican Tortilla Stack! I have been making this yummy Mexican casserole forever. At least since Kale and I were married, and that’s almost been 8 years! I still can’t believe it. 😉
This Mexican Tortilla Stack is filled with ground turkey, green chilies, enchilada sauce and loads of cheese, stacked between flour tortillas. It is so yummy and definitely a family favorite of ours. My kids devour this meal every time I make it!
Mexican Tortilla Stack
A delicious mexican casserole with layers of seasoned meat, cheese and flour tortillas!
- 1 pound ground turkey (or ground beef or chicken)
- 6 large flour tortillas (burrito size)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 cups Colby & Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large, non-stick skillet, brown the ground turkey over medium-high heat. Drain grease.
- Add the cream of mushroom soup, enchilada sauce and diced green chilies to skillet. Stir and cook until thoroughly heated; about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand to cool slightly.
- Spray a 9×13-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Lay 2 tortillas, overlapping onto the bottom of the pan. Spread half of the refried beans evenly over the tortillas. Then spread half of the turkey mixture evenly over the beans.
- Layer 2 more tortillas over the meat, then spread with the last half of the beans. Top beans with the other half of the meat mixture, and then lay 2 more tortillas over the top. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the tortillas.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with your favorite taco toppings! (Salsa, sour cream, lettuce, tomato, guacamole)