Layers of mint chocolate ice cream sandwiches, Cool Whip, and crushed Oreo cookie create one incredible dessert. My Mint Ice Cream Sandwich Cake is the tastiest way to celebrate anything!
Mint and chocolate are two flavors that were made for each other. One of my favorite ways to enjoy this combo is with an ice cream sandwich. They are the best dessert snack all year round!
What’s the best way to enhance this perfect personal sweet treat? Turn it into an ice cream cake! Mint Ice Cream Sandwich Cake will cool and delight your taste buds.
Begin by placing mint chocolate ice cream sandwiches at the bottom of a baking pan. Spread Cool Whip over the sandwiches, then add a second layer of those delicious ice cream sandwiches.
Cover with another helping of Cool Whip and crushed Oreos then freeze to set. When you’re ready to serve this delightful dessert, you can always add a drizzle of chocolate sauce if you’re feeling naughty! 😉
Rich chocolate combined with refreshing mint has always put a smile on my face, and I guarantee once you give this recipe a try it will have the same effect on everyone who tries it.
Prepare my easy ice cream sandwich cake for a summer birthday or any celebration! A slice of this is the best treat to celebrate with!
CAN I SUBSTITUTE COOL WHIP?
For a more homemade feel you can use fresh whipped cream if you’re not a fan of Cool Whip.
WHAT OREOS SHOULD I USE?
I recommend traditional Oreos, but try mint chocolate Oreos to add another layer of flavor to each bite.
HOW LONG SHOULD I FREEZE THE DESSERT?
Freeze overnight or at least 8 hours before slicing and serving.
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE A FEW OTHER DESSERTS TO COOL OFF WITH!
Banana Split Ice Cream Sandwich Cake – Layers of Ice Cream Sandwiches, Cool Whip, and Chocolate.
Fried Ice Cream Dessert – Pan fried cinnamon ice cream with corn flakes, sugar, and butter.
Shamrock Shake – creamy milkshake with mint flavors.
Homemade Biscoff Ice Cream – Creamy vanilla ice cream with Biscoff cookies pieces, and cookie butter throughout.
Mint Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
- 19 mint ice cream sandwiches
- 1 tub (8 ounces) Cool Whip thawed
- 3 Tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 8 Oreo cookies crushed
- Mix together the cool whip and chocolate syrup. Set aside.Line 9 ½ ice cream sandwiches in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish.Spread half of the cool whip mixture over the top.
- Line another layer of 9 ½ ice cream sandwiches over the top of the cool whip. Pressing down gently to pack in. Spread the remaining cool whip mixture over the top.Sprinkle the crushed Oreo cookies evenly over the top.Cover with saran wrap and place in freezer for at least 8 hours to freeze and set.Cut into slices and serve!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!