Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, this Oven Fried Chicken is so delicious and does not require any deep-frying!
We eat a lot of chicken around these parts, so I’m always looking for new chicken dinner ideas. When I came across this recipe for oven-fried chicken I was intrigued and put it on the menu immediately. 🙂
The results were stellar! The crust was crispy and perfect on the outside, yet it was juicy and flavorful on the inside. My entire family ate it right up. I couldn’t believe how easy it was to throw together and was thankful it didn’t take a big oily mess to make it!
I served ours with a side of mashed potatoes, gravy and corn and we enjoyed every bit of our “Fried” Chicken dinner. It was lip-smackin’ good!
Oven Fried Chicken
Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, this oven “fried” chicken is so delicious and does not require any deep-frying!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, each cut in 3 strips
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 F°. Place butter on a large baking sheet and place in the oven to melt. Once butter is melted remove from oven.
- Add flour, seasoning salt, salt , pepper and paprika in a large ziploc bag. Add 3 pieces of chicken at a time and shake to coat.
- Place coated chicken strips on the baking sheet, leaving a space between each strip. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, flip chicken with a pair of tongs, then bake another 10 to 12 minutes or until inside is cooked through.
- Serve immediately and enjoy! ♥
*Be sure to space chicken apart on baking sheet so the outside gets crispy!