I’m sure you are either sick of reading about our “Hawaii Diet” or intrigued to know what it’s all about and see what we’ve been eating to get in swimsuit shape. So I thought over the next week I’d share some of our tried and true super healthy, and super delicious, meals we’ve been enjoying lately!
First up, this AMAZING Oven-Roasted Chicken and Veggies. I can’t say enough good things about this meal-in-one. I love it for lots of reasons. Most importantly it tastes SO good. It is loaded with all my favorite veggies. Broccoli, bell pepper, zucchini, tomatoes and red onion. Pieces of seasoned chicken are mixed in for some added protein. Yum! The hardest part about this dish is chopping up the veggies (if that’s considered hard) lol Other than that there is really nothing to it. 🙂
Let me just say that the oven temperature is correct! I was even skeptical at first. The high heat is what helps everything get really roasted with the char spots on them, and makes it cook really fast. You can always adjust the seasoning to your liking but the way I have the recipe here is exactly how I do it. This easy 30-minute one-pan meal has become one of our most favorites!
Oven-Roasted Chicken and Veggies
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- ½ small red onion
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- ½ cup grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 475° F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Chop all the veggies into large pieces. On a separate plate or cutting board chop all the chicken in large cubes.
- Place the chicken and veggies on the prepared baking sheet. Add the olive oil, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Toss to combine.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the veggies are charred and chicken is cooked through.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!