All the flavors and textures inside this Poppy Seed Chicken and Grape Pasta Salad are amazing together. This colorful and delicious pasta salad will be the hit of any picnic or barbecue!
I’m kind of sad that summer is coming to a close. And I emphasize on the words “kind of”. haha! Fall is my favorite season for sure, and here in Southern Utah we get to enjoy an amazing fall season! The air is slightly cool and crisp. The leaves on the trees turn stunning colors and I get to decorate for Halloween and Thanksgiving. Yay! BUT, I do love summer too. I will miss the outdoor barbecues and potlucks with friends. Taking the kiddos swimming every week and not having to worry about my kids stressing over school and homework. So I guess it’s a catch 22.
I thought I would share one last summer recipe on today’s blog post. We do have the Labor Day holiday coming up and this POPPY SEED CHICKEN AND GRAPE PASTA SALAD would be a delicious addition to your barbecue! Of course, you could enjoy this any time of the year, but pasta salads remind me of summer, so I’m calling it a summer recipe. 🙂
I love the flavor of poppy seed dressing, it’s one of my faves for sure, and when you combine it with seasoned chicken, pasta, grapes and green onion. It’s a party in your mouth. For reals.
This pasta salad is another super simple recipe to make. And if you use a rotisserie chicken it makes it that much quicker! It only needs to chill in the fridge for a couple of hours so just plan on making it in advance for your outdoor cookout. You might want to even double the batch if you’re feeding a lot of people because it will go fast! I hope you guys try this one and love it as much as we do. 🙂
Poppy Seed Chicken and Grape Pasta Salad
- 1 16 oz. bottle of creamy Poppy Seed dressing ( I like Kraft's)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 16 oz. box large elbow noodles
- 2 cups cooked diced chicken (seasoned with salt and pepper)
- 4 cups red grapes sliced in half (measure after slicing)
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 2/3 cup sliced green onion
- In a large serving bowl whisk together poppy seed dressing, mayonnaise, vinegar and salt. Whisk until combined. Cover and place in fridge while you cook noodles.
- Boil noodles in a large pot of salted water until al dente; according to package directions. Once cooked drain water and rinse under cold water to cool down.
- Add noodles, chicken, grapes, almonds and green onion to dressing mixture in bowl. Fold to combine everything. Cover with plastic wrap or lid and chill in fridge for at least 2 hours or longer.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from: The Creative Bite
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST FOOD BOARD!