Raspberry Cream Cake is a moist and delicious white cake with a whipped cream cheese layer and raspberry glaze topping. These wonderful flavors together are amazing!
It doesn’t get much easier than this Raspberry Cream Cake recipe. This moist and delicious cake has three layers starting with a white cake, a whipped cream and cream cheese filling and raspberry pie glaze to top it off. Fresh raspberries are also added to the top making this cake extra beautiful.
I made this cake for our Sunday dessert a couple of weeks ago and my family raved over it! My husband is not the type to tell me over and over again how much he loves a recipe I made, but he sure did this time. It was one more reason I knew this cake is a winner.
It really is so convenient having box cake mixes on hand. There has been many times I’ve needed to make a cake and just didn’t have the time or desire to make a cake from scratch. That’s when those box cake mixes come in so handy. If you are opposed to using them, then feel free to use your favorite homemade white cake recipe. I’m sure it will make this cake all the more divine!
All the flavors going on in this cake are amazing. It’s not too rich at all, so it’s easy to want another piece! I’ll admit, I had two big slices and enjoyed every single bite. 🙂
CAN I USE OTHER FRUIT FLAVORS INSTEAD OF RASPBERRY?
Yes! You can make this cake your own by using strawberry, blueberry or even apple. All of these other flavors are offered in canned pie filling!
CAN I USE OTHER CAKE FLAVORS?
I think using a chocolate cake to replace the white would be absolutely incredible. You could even use a yellow cake mix. I don’t think you can go wrong with any other cake flavor, but maybe not carrot. 😉
MORE DELICIOUS CAKE RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Raspberry Cream Cake
- 1 box (16.25 ounces) white cake mix
- (+ the eggs, oil and water called for on cake mix package)
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 block (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 can (21 ounces) raspberry pie filling and topping
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a 9×13-inch glass baking pan. Remove cake from oven and let cool completely.
- Place heavy whipping cream in a medium bowl. Using an electric hand mixer, beat heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add cream cheese and powdered sugar and mix until well blended. Spread mixture evenly over cooled cake.
- Pour as much or as little of the raspberry pie filling as you like over the whipped cream cheese layer. ( I slightly heated up the filling first in a saucepan to make it thinner and pourable. I only used about half of the can.) Then top cake evenly with fresh raspberries.
- Place cake in refrigerator and let chill at least an hour or so before serving. Enjoy!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!