Red and White pasta is a combination of Alfredo and spaghetti sauce with Penne noodles and lots of Mozzarella cheese. This is my kids’ favorite dinner!
I really don’t think it gets any easier than this for a simple and delicious meal! This Red and White Pasta requires only four ingredients. Yep, that’s it. This is my go-to dish on weeknights after I’ve had a long day at work. My kids love it and they are the pickiest eaters on the planet! A dinner that is filled with pasta and cheese has ‘kid-friendly’ written all over it. 🙂
This recipe comes from my favorite cookbook I always talk about, The Food Nanny. Hers calls for a homemade Alfredo sauce that she makes. It is amazing but when I’m in a hurry, and don’t have a lot of time to make dinner, I just use a bottle of Alfredo sauce. It works out perfectly.
I believe another reason I love The Food Nanny’s cookbook so much is because there’s a lot of menu planning ideas in it. Her book is what inspired me to start menu planning years ago. I remember when I used to go to the grocery store with absolutely no idea as to what I was going to make for any meals. I would spend a couple hundred dollars on a bunch of odds and ends and then we would always end up eating out or grabbing fast food. It was such a waste of money.
Now before I go to the store I plan all of our meals and write down all the ingredients I need. I make sure to go through my entire pantry and fridge to see if I already have some of the items so I don’t buy double. It has been such a money saver! : )
Red and White Pasta is always a dinner time favorite at our house. The combination of marinara with Alfredo sauce was a match made in heaven. This is another meatless meal that I always serve a big green salad with. It is so delicious!
LOVE PASTA? TRY THESE OTHER DELICIOUS PASTA RECIPES:
Red and White Pasta
- 1 pound box Penne Pasta
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Alfredo Sauce
- 3 cups shredded Mozzerella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Boil and cook pasta in a large pot of water according to package directions. Drain.
- In a 9×13-inch glass baking dish, spread 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce on bottom. Pour half of the cooked pasta on top. Pour half the Alfredo sauce, half the spaghetti sauce and 1 cup of cheese evenly over pasta. Repeat with remaining pasta, sauces and cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes or until hot & bubbly!
To reheat: Place dish in refrigerator to thaw up to 2 days. Bake in a 350° F, covered with foil, for 45 minutes or until heated through.
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!