Red White and Blue Berry Trifle is the perfect summer party dessert. The layers of pound cake, pudding and fresh fruit is beautiful, delicious and make-ahead!
This Red, White and Blue Berry Trifle is my new favorite dessert! Not only is it gorgeous, but comes together so easily. Layers of pound cake (my fave!), vanilla pudding, and of course berries, make this beautiful dessert extra special for any summer barbecue or Independence Day celebration!
We were so excited when Kale’s sister Christine and her family came to town this week. They live in northern Utah, so we don’t get to see them too often. I invited them over for dinner Tuesday night so we could visit and catch up. I made my famous Navajo Tacos, and served this trifle for dessert. To say it was a hit is an understatement. 🙂 It was the perfect finale to our yummy dinner. Everyone loved it!
I will say, it was even better the next day (when I had some for breakfast. ha!) so because of that, next time I will make it a day in advance to give the flavors a chance to blend a little more.
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE A FEW MORE DELICIOUS DESSERTS!
Red Velvet Trifle
Strawberry Chocolate Pound Cake Trifle
Heavenly Lemon Oreo Dessert
Red, White and Blue Berry Trifle
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 boxes (3.4 ounces, each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 packages (10 ounces, each) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 container (8 ounces) cool whip, thawed
- In a large bowl, whisk condensed milk, 2% milk and both pudding mixes together for 2 minutes.
- Cut thawed pound cake into 2-inch cubes.
- In a greased 9-inch springform pan, layer half of the cake cubes on the bottom. Top cake cubes evenly with half of the blueberries and half of the raspberries. Spread half of pudding mixture evenly over the top of berries. Repeat layers again with cake cubes, berries and pudding.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, remove springform rim. Top with cool whip, and extra berries, if desired.
4 thoughts on “Red, White & Blue Berry Trifle”
Oh soooo beautiful! Love that this has the s.c.m. in it – everything’s better with that. I have a very similar recipe already scheduled to post next week. It’s that red, white & blue time of year huh? Your family is so blessed to have you in it! =D
Could you list the brand of vanilla pudding you used because I couldn’t find any in the size you listed. I purchased Jello brand 2-3 ounce pkgs
I always use Jell-O brand pudding mixes. They come in 3.4 ounce packages