Saltine Toffee Squares are a salty and sweet treat! This toffee is so easy to make and so delicious! Serve it at a holiday party or pass out to neighbors for gifts!
My Mom called me last week and raved about some really good toffee one of her co-workers made. I did a little internet search and found the recipe!
These Saltine Toffee Squares were so easy to make and very delicious! Mom also suggested I add some crushed candy cane and sprinkles to make it extra cute for Christmas. Well, it worked. The candy canes gave it a nice extra little flavor and they turned out pretty darn cute. 🙂
These Saltine Toffee Squares are the perfect treat to pass out as neighbor gifts or to serve at a fun holiday party! I guarantee you’ll be asked for the recipe so be sure to have it ready! 😉
Saltine Toffee Squares
- 40 Saltine Crackers
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 cups Milk Chocolate Chips
- 2 Candy Canes, crushed (optional)
- Christmas colored sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large rimmed cookie sheet with foil. Spray foil with cooking spray. Line crackers in a single layer.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine butter and brown sugar. Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes. Immediately pour evenly over the crackers. (Make sure to cover each cracker)
- Place in oven and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven, and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let stand a couple minutes, and then spread melted chocolate evenly over the toffee. Sprinkle with crushed candy canes and/or sprinkles.
- Let cool completely and then cut into squares. Enjoy!