Thinly sliced potatoes covered in Gouda and Monterey Jack cheeses with fresh chives are what these Scalloped Potatoes are all about. They are amazing!
Yep. Here is another potato recipe, my friends. Amazing Scalloped Potatoes to be exact. I am fully addicted to starchy, delicious potatoes and I’m the first to admit it. haha 😉
Even though I’m admitting my addiction, I won’t be trying to recover anytime soon. Especially now that I’ve made these sinful things. Thinly sliced potatoes, layered with smoked Gouda cheese and fresh chives. *drool*
These Scalloped Potatoes are so delicious and the perfect side dish to compliment any meal. I make them with our Easter and Christmas hams and they are always a huge hit!
- 3 to 4 large Idaho or Russet potatoes thinly sliced
- 1 cup smoked Gouda cheese shredded
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 3 Tablespoons fresh chives chopped
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F°. Spray an 8×8 inch glass baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Layer 1/3 of the potato slices, slightly overlapping in the bottom of pan. Sprinkle a tiny bit of salt & pepper. Top potatoes with 1/3 of both cheeses and a few chives. Repeat layer, 2 more times. You will have 3 layers total.
- Cover with foil, and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil, and bake another 10-15 minutes or until cheese is slightly browned and bubbly. Let stand a few minutes before serving.