Happy Friday, friends! Today I have another awesome lightened-up recipe that has become a family-favorite around here. Let me introduce to you my SKINNY FETTUCCINE ALFREDO! This stuff is creamy, dreamy and so delicious.
What I think is so great about these lighter versions of our favorite comfort foods is that the calorie content is reduced, so it fits into my calorie budget and they still taste great! To me, that’s what eating better should be all about. Not depriving yourself of the foods you love, but to make them healthier by reducing calories and fat so you can still enjoy them.
This Alfredo sauce is so delicious and we absolutely love it. Especially my kids. They’ve never thought it tastes different or weird. Kids can be great at detecting lighter or different foods, right!? 🙂
I have made this recipe so many times that it’s the only Alfredo sauce I make now. It’s extra delicious on my Sheet Pan Chicken Alfredo Pizza!
Skinny Fettuccine Alfredo
Rich and creamy Alfredo sauce- lightened up!
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup low-fat milk (I used 1%)
- ½ cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and saute one minute, stirring constantly. Sprinkle with flour, and stir to combine. Saute and stir for an additional minute to cook flour.
- Slowly add chicken broth, whisking to combine until smooth. Whisk in milk, and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cook for an additional minute until thickened, then stir in Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, salt and pepper. Stir until cheese has melted. Reduce heat to low until pasta is cooked.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain. Serve in individual bowls with Alfredo sauce poured over top. Serve and enjoy!