Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken will satisfy your family’s takeout cravings. The chicken is slowly cooked in an easy teriyaki marinade that packs it full of flavor!
Don’t you love when a single recipe brings together two of your favorite things? For me, Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken is exactly that! Asian inspired dishes are always so packed with flavor. Pair that with the magic of a slow cooker and this dish will leave you and your family in a Zen like state. 😉
Begin by placing chicken breasts into your greased crock pot. Combine the simple marinade ingredients and pour it over the chicken. Cover it with the lid and set your crock pot to low heat. Let those flavors marry each other for 2 to 4 hours. While dinner cooks go practice your yoga, because this dish gives you the time to before you enjoy dinner with your family.
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken goes well with rice and veggies. We like to make easy teriyaki chicken bowls with ours! This recipe is the perfect dinner for all ages. Your kids will be begging for you to make this again and again! Use this recipe to try something new and different at the table. Get the whole family involved and have everyone eat with chopsticks for a fun and flavorful night!
CAN I MAKE THE DISH SPICY?
Yes! For a little bit of added heat add a teaspoon of red chili flakes before cooking. You can also use Thai chili paste for that extra layer of Asian flavor.
CAN I USE ANOTHER PROTEIN?
Absolutely! If you want to try this recipe another way, use the same marinade recipe over sliced pork or steak for the same satisfying flavor.
WHAT DO I SERVE ON THE SIDE WITH THIS MEAL?
I recommend serving this with a side of rice and veggies. Carrots and broccoli are our favorites!
ENJOYED THIS RECIPE? TAKE A LOOK AT THESE OTHER DELICIOUS DISHES
Szechuan Chicken – The teriyaki gourmet sauce gives it so much flavor, and the linguine pasta makes it that comfort food we all love!
Chicken Fried Rice – All the classic elements of fried rice with teriyaki chicken throughout.
Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs – Tender, marinated chicken pieces with fresh pineapple and green bell pepper.
Baked Sweet Hawaiian Chicken – Golden chicken coated in a sweet and tangy sauce, with pineapples and bell peppers.
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 Tablespoon freshly grated ginger (or 1/2 teaspoon dried ginger)
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes (if you want some heat)
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 Tablespoons water
- chopped green onion, optional
- sesame seeds, optional
- Place chicken breasts in the insert of a greased (7 quart) slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, brown sugar, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes (if using). Pour this mixture all over the chicken. Cover with lid. Cook on high heat for 2 hours OR cook on low heat for 4 hours.
- Carefully remove the hot chicken to a clean cutting board. Shred with forks. Strain the liquid through a mesh sieve and into a medium saucepan. In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and water. Pour into the saucepan. Heat the saucepan over medium high heat. Whisk constantly until mixture thickens. This takes a couple of minutes. Remove from heat once it has thickened to the consistency you like.
- Add the shredded chicken to the sauce. Stir gently to coat the chicken in sauce. Serve chicken warm with rice or whatever you like. Garnish with green onion and sesame seeds, if desired. Enjoy!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!