S’mores Cookie Bars are everything you love about the classic treat but in cookie bar form. Now you can enjoy all the flavors of s’mores without the smoky campfire. These bars are irresistible!
Sometimes you want to indulge in a gooey s’more, but you don’t want (nor have the patience) to sit in front of a campfire, slowly cooking a marshmallow while the smoke rushes to your face.
That’s where these S’mores Cookie Bars come in handy! No more dealing with the hot flames or inhaling the smoke. Now the only thing you’ll have to inhale is the delicious contents of a pan of these!
These gooey bars are made with a homemade cookie crust that is buttery, flaky and replicates a graham cracker wonderfully!
The crust is topped with a thick layer of chocolate and marshmallow creme followed by another layer of that amazing cookie crust! Last but not least, they’re then baked to golden-brown perfection.
Now, you have the most amazing treat ever! I’d even argue they taste better than a traditional s’more! 😉
VARIATIONS FOR S’MORES COOKIE BARS
Want to mix things up a little bit? Try out these fun ways to elevate your bars!
Chocolate: instead of using regular milk chocolate, try swapping it out for dark chocolate for a richer experience, or white chocolate for a more vanilla taste. You could even be super adventurous and try using Andes Mints, Cookies and Cream chocolate, or caramel filled chocolate.
Peanut Butter: if you love peanut butter, you could try adding a layer of peanut butter to these cookie bars! Simply slather it on top of the first layer of dough and continue the steps like normal.
Cookies: to really make these cookie bars, you could try using your favorite homemade cookie dough for the crust.
Marshmallow: you cannot use regular marshmallows in these bars. They will completely melt and disappear. Only use the marshmallow crème/ fluff.
HOW LONG DO S’MORES COOKIE BARS LAST?
When stored in an airtight container at room temperature, they will last 3 to 4 days.
When stored in the refrigerator, they can last up to a week, but if you do so, make sure to leave them out at room temperature, or microwave a few seconds, to soften them up.
LOVE THIS RECIPE? TRY OUT THESE SIMILAR ONES!
S’mores Cups: graham cracker crusts filled with marshmallow and chocolate and drizzled with even more chocolate.
No-Bake S’mores Pudding Cake: layers of graham crackers, chocolate pudding and marshmallow goodness make up this delicious pudding cake!
Golden Grahams S’mores Bars: are filled with the classic cereal, marshmallows, and of course milk chocolate!
S’mores Crescent Rolls: flaky, buttery crescent rolls stuffed with Nutella, marshmallows, chocolate chips and graham crackers!
TRY THESE OTHER S’MORES FAVORITES:
S’mores Cookie Bars
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 1 ½ cups light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 bars (1.55 ounces, each) Hershey’s milk chocolate candy bars
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme/ fluff (do not use regular marshmallows)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 9×13-inch baking pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and brown sugar until combined and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Gradually add this mixture to the butter mixture. On low speed, mix until just combined.
- Divide dough in half and press one half of dough into the bottom of the pan evenly. Place the 6 chocolate bars over the top of dough, in a single layer. (You may have to break some of them into pieces so they fit into the pan.) Spread the marshmallow creme/ fluff over the chocolate. (You can run a spoon under hot water to help spread it easier.)
- Place the remaining dough over the marshmallow creme/fluff. (The easiest way to do this is to take pieces of the dough and flatten them in your hand, then lay over the marshmallow. It's okay if it doesn't cover it all completely.)
- Bake for 28 to 30 minutes or until golden-brown. Remove from oven. Cool completely before cutting into bars.